Electricity providers`

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

We've been advised that our current provider will continue to read the meters etc but we have until 30 June to nominate an alternative provider.

We would be interested in your feedback on providers either good or bad.  At the moment we have a large-ish list of providers but little time to look at each one and make a guess as to the best one/s to go with.

We would appreciate any recommendations.

Kaz & Bo

Like 0      
05 Jun 2009 9:40 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

and any time after that date to switch if you want to remember there are 2 lists one of them the other providers will charge you the last resort price as defined by the goverment the other list is  providers who are dregulated in other words are not governed by the goverment cost

Like 0      
05 Jun 2009 11:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is this the electric market being opened up to competition? We are up the road at Resort and have Endesa as our provider. Would be good to know that we could shop around.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 7:38 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

To Kaz & Bo

as mine is a holiday home the cost of electricity as opposed ot the service is fairly immaterial, I use Endesa who no tonly send me correspondence regularly to the uk but also have english speaking customer services should you have a problem.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 11:07 AM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

Hi Conrad

You mention there are two lists - how do I know which one we have been given by Portillo?  They seem to be promoting CHC Energia, who are on the list we've been given, but we've never heard of them.

Thanks

Kaz

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 11:20 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Kaz

You have been given both lists in the email that I sent out yesterday.

Within the letter from Portillo you have the 5 suppliers of "last Resort" & then these together with all the other suppliers are in the separate attachment.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 11:51 AM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to Endesa as a supplier please?  My apartment is in Arenal Golf, Arryoro de la Miel and it's unbelievable that even when it's empty my bills exceed 35E per month.  And it's empty!

Please PM me with any information.

Thankyou.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 4:20 PM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

Thanks Noreen,

Now for the research to find out who is the "best" for our needs.

Kaz

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 6:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Summer 101, you will have received the list of alternative suppliers, mentioned by others here, with one of your recent bills. The known quantities (otherwise called "last resort" - no idea why) all charge exactly the same. The others, may be able to offer a cheaper service, but who the hell are they? As with Telefónica, IMHO, better the devil you know. Anyway, you can see the list here

As for your bills, every alternate monthly bill is now estimated, which could explain why they sometimes seem high, but if you are not using any electricity, the non-estimated bills should reflect that and it should even out.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 10:02 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Hello, We are with Portillo.

Do we have to make a decision,what happens if we do nothing?  Will our direct debits be automatically taken or will we have to make adjustments at the bank and the supplier.(if we do nothing regarding movement)

I have seen the 30th of June as a deadline .

I cannot see any point in moving if all the tariffs are the same on the last resort list  and those that are cheaper on the other list  we know nothing about.

I just want to leave it as it is ,then in future when all this settles down make a decision.

In the UK this would be no problem or just annoying,but it is an example of how something that is supposed to help is full of pitfalls.

This message was last edited by kenshaz on 07/06/2009.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 10:51 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Ken

The email that I sent out the other day tells you what will happen if you do nothing - CHC Energia will automatically become your electricity supplier.

As I also said in the email, the literature sent out by Portillo does not tell you whether any action is required in respect of the direct debit nor does it give the tariff that will be applicable. The absence of this information is the reason why Ana is going to visit the office in Palomares & once she gives me the details, I will pass the information on.

Noreen

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 07/06/2009.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:16 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Thanks Noreen ,

I also recall that Fincadelia are remaining with the company in Palomares,is that CHC Energia or Portillo? I also agree with them ,if we have a problem they are on hand. We are over next Wednesday and it would be an ideal opportunity to sort this out.

This has also been made more difficult by post not being delivered ,unless you have a post box or UK  details handed over.

We are lucky because we have you .

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:24 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Ken

It will be CHC Energia who are used for the community electricity as Portillo will no longer be suppliers after 1st July.

Have a good journey on the 10th - How long are you there for this time?

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:40 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Thanks.  We are over for two weeks,looking forward to it ,reading the updates is helpful. It always seems more grounded when you are on Thalassa,difficult to not to feel community minded,and relax. The weather will be warm for us ,we like it cooler when we sleep ,but eating on the terrace in the evening will be wonderful.

We have arranged to go to a concert in Almeria on 16th to see Placido Domingo.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:48 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I am due out on the 25th but I am hoping to change my flight to the 21st so if I do, I'll see you both there.

Enjoy the concert.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 12:10 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Look  forward to seeing you. Will you be using Ryanair?

Will you be over for my birthday in September?

Yes the concert should be fun ,we have negotiated that we are picked up at Vera Playa,which is a bonus.

You will be over for the festival.in Mojarca Moors and  Christians

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts
INDESIT WASHER,FRIDGE FREEZER,TUMBLE DRYER FOR SALE - 0 posts
QUALITY BEDROOM FURNITURE SET FOR SALE - 1 posts
Problem dogs - 3 posts
Problem dogs - 1 posts
tax on rental income - 1 posts
Question for Maria re " credit contra de la masa " - 7 posts
BANKINTER RIP OFF WHO DO I CHANGE TO HELP - 7 posts
Building insurance phase 3B - 0 posts
Holiday Rentals - 4 posts
Terrace Furniture Wanted - 3 posts
I'm Looking for a 3 bed detached Property with access to a pool in the Quesada area for long term rent. - 2 posts
Excellent book on the financial side of how to run a community. - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 1 posts
move to the costa blanca - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x