Swimming Pools

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2009 12:00 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I was talking to a friend in the building trade who said that the EU have passed a load of new regulations regarding the use of swimming pools on urbanisations.  Apparently, the fence around the pool has to be a minimum of 1.25 metres high and the gate must be lockable.  At work a colleague told me that 5 pools on the Marina De Casares area have been closed for the whole of the summer by the Policia Local for not complying with the new regulations.  I think if all this is true a lot of us are going to be going to the beach for a swim this summer.  Can anyone verify these new regulations and shed some light on it as I know that where we are living we will definitely be in trouble if this is true.

Like 0      
27 May 2009 11:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, it seems they are getting heavy with this a tthe moment, although I think a lof of it is just the town hall desperately trying to generate some more revenues.

Our pool is closed at the moment and we have been told not to open it until everything is in order.

Things have certainly changed!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 May 2009 3:27 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

It's not such a bad idea. I'm surprised the EU has only just cottoned on to the regulation. Over twenty five years ago in Johannesburg the law said we had to have a little fence around our pool if any small kids lived on the property. It didn't cost much, came in metre sections,  had a gate with latch that could be locked. We took it down when our youngest reached ten. Next door neighbours didn't have young kids so no fence. A friend with toddlers visited for a quick coffee. They had their backs turned for a few minutes and the result was they had to fish out their drowned toddler who had been exploring. Unattended, unfenced pools are dangerous, there's no question.

Like 0      
28 May 2009 5:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That's a truly shocking thing to have happened GuyT.

Totally agree with the fencing policy, not just on swimming pools but on fishponds too.

Years ago, my Mother in Law saved a 4 yr old's life, by doing CPR after the child fell into a fishpond.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 May 2009 9:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am doing some research on this. In terms of National and regional Applicable law I cannot see any new regulation.

The only regulation I have found is a European Standard was approved by CEN on 25 July 2008.

Accoring to information provided by CEN ( The European Committee for Standardization ):

CEN members are bound to comply with the CEN/CENELEC Internal Regulations which stipulate the conditions for giving this European

Standard the status of a national standard without any alteration. Up-to-date lists and bibliographical references concerning such national

standards may be obtained on application to the CEN Management Centre or to any CEN member.

This European Standard exists in three official versions (English, French, German). A version in any other language made by translation

under the responsibility of a CEN member into its own language and notified to the CEN Management Centre has the same status as the

official versions.

CEN members are the national standards bodies of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland,

France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,

Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 May 2009 1:05 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

thought that if it was over a certian size then a lifeguard was required but no nothing re fencing

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
29 May 2009 1:13 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

That´s it. No national or regional regulations on fences by now

Have a good weekend,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving Goods From Ireland - Spain - 0 posts
packard bell pc for sale - 0 posts
Joke - 1 posts
Importing & Registering a Foreign Vehicle in Spain - 2 posts
Truck to Holland & UK... and back!! - 6 posts
portabello by proindal introduced by Mri - 25 posts
vpo - 13 posts
Supplier of last resort - 4 posts
El Balcon Alcaucin and Terraze Alcaucin - 7 posts
Expensive car hire this year!!! - 3 posts
Credit Crunch Furtniture Packages - 26 posts
ITV1 - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - UK - 3 posts
What happens if planning permission is found to be illegal - 4 posts
so GIB is out the paper work alone is terrible ! LONG TERM RENTAL la Linea wanted can you help ? - 3 posts
Hello from savepurs - 3 posts
Save the Chiringuitos - Sign our online petition - 5 posts
still looking for camp bed!! - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax. Overpaid your taxes due? - 0 posts
Buying cigarettes in Gib, what are the limits for bringing back to UK - 28 posts
Malaga Transfer - 1 posts
Uk bank details asked for? - 11 posts
READY RENTAL PROPERTY !!!BEWARE!!! - 20 posts
UK Tax Return - 6 posts
URGENT APPEAL! Please read and help if you can! - 7 posts
Mr @ Mrs L - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x