Importing & Registering a Foreign Vehicle in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2009 12:00 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

can any body help?

I need to change the Registration of our car from English to Spainish, I know  some companies do all the paper work for you, does anybody have any links etc. (costa Blanca south/Murcia)

Cheers. Derek

Like 0      
27 May 2009 12:15 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi Chelseadel.

You should be able to get your Gestor to do it for you or at least organize everything for you and you just turn up with your car to appointment(s) for it to be inspected.

I used this guide here www.myspain.es/forum/motoring-spain/52-faq-registering-your-uk-vehicle-spain-inc-new-2008-laws.html and armed with that got my gestor to do the hard bits!

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
27 May 2009 2:48 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi,

Re changing your plates to spanish you can do it yourself if you look on the web you can get all the info on how to do it, however it will cause you quite a bit of time and frustration and also different costs are incurred. we are in the process of doing ours and have gone with a local agent at a cost of 950 euros. (make sure you do your homework and choose a reliable agent within your area )  you have to take the car yourself to your nearest  ITV STATION (your agent will make the appointment) which is equivelent to the UK MOT service station (sorry if you know this but not everyone does) and if it passes or needs some work before passing your agent will then give you the spanish plates when you give her the documentation from your ITV centre. it is up to to you then get them put on the car. Just one thing my car passed with flying colours except for the lights which are not the required european ones and we have to get them changed which we were expecting, another cost of 504 euros. There are lots of garages that do pre ITV tests but we preferred to get the ITV done first at least you know then that the garage isn't going to charge you for something that wasn't necessary in the first place. At the time of going to press we still have not progressed any further, because some kind lady decided to bash into my car while it was parked and as the damages were substantial, we are still awaiting the repairs because the garage is awaiting parts from abroad, this is 4 weeks down the line. O the joys of living in Spain

Regards best of luck

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Truck to Holland & UK... and back!! - 6 posts
portabello by proindal introduced by Mri - 25 posts
vpo - 13 posts
Supplier of last resort - 4 posts
El Balcon Alcaucin and Terraze Alcaucin - 7 posts
Expensive car hire this year!!! - 3 posts
Credit Crunch Furtniture Packages - 26 posts
ITV1 - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - UK - 3 posts
What happens if planning permission is found to be illegal - 4 posts
so GIB is out the paper work alone is terrible ! LONG TERM RENTAL la Linea wanted can you help ? - 3 posts
Hello from savepurs - 3 posts
Save the Chiringuitos - Sign our online petition - 5 posts
still looking for camp bed!! - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax. Overpaid your taxes due? - 0 posts
Buying cigarettes in Gib, what are the limits for bringing back to UK - 28 posts
Malaga Transfer - 1 posts
Uk bank details asked for? - 11 posts
READY RENTAL PROPERTY !!!BEWARE!!! - 20 posts
UK Tax Return - 6 posts
URGENT APPEAL! Please read and help if you can! - 7 posts
Mr @ Mrs L - 0 posts
La Almazara Jalon Alicante - 10 posts
Costa Blanca South guide book - 14 posts
European Elections -Expat Candidate - 8 posts
Camp bed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x