portabello by proindal introduced by Mri

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jun 2009 10:45 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

kelju

you are right.  Critisism or the sort of question regarding common sense seldom gets an a response,  like the question 'what on earth is the point or validity of a BG if you have to take a bank to court or sue the developer to get it acted on?  or 'why does it take a judge over 9 weeks to make a decision on a very black and white case of lies and deception, when those you are up against are in court frequently  for similar crimes, and could go bust any day!!!!!!

I guess the lawyers might say '' this is how it's done in Spain, we don't make the rules, we just do the best we can''?  Perhaps that is the case, but it inspires little confidence in justice.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2009 12:31 PM by empatia Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

My advice is:
If you gave money in Terrazas de Almerimar and you moved to Portobello, you have to ask to get it back.
Portobello not ever built. He told me so a friend who works for PROINDAL.
Moreover, they do not want our money back because they have already spent.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 12:39 PM by r1ch4rd Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, i have been reading all the comments regarding Proindal, Portobello, MRI, Lawyers and the lack of clarity there seems to be. I worked for MRI in Almeria between 2004 and 2006, i also bought 2 properties from Proindal and succesfully claimed my deposit back from Proindal on a further property that was not delivered in time. if you have bought in a development that was not completed in the time frame specified in the contract and you have a bank guarantee then you are entitled to this legal amount. I think one of the issues you may be facing is waiting for your lawyer to become pro-active and to actually start making claims on your behalf. This will not happen for 2 reasons: Firstly, more than likely the legal firm you have was introduced by MRI and therefore is not independent and has already made significant money from you. The process of claiming the bank guarantee is lengthy and does not generate income for the legal firm, hence they are very slow. Secondly, from my experience i had to physically push the legal firm ME to make any claims for me and this involved daily emails to them and eventually a warning to them that they were not undertaking the work i had paid them for when i acquired them as my advisors.

Unfortunately it is you who must take the bull by the horn, excuse the pun! The unfortunate issue and reason why your property was not delivered in time has more to do with the slanted payment terms and high commissions charged by MRI than the economic situation of today. Today the focus of interest is on developing incomes for my properties and those i manage on behalf of other investors in the area. Make no mistake, Almerimar offers it owners a clear investment strategy with defined routes to market. Not everyone will capitalise due to over development and low tourism figures but the long term view will show Almerimar as one of the key tourist markets in Andalucia.

Back to the issue at hand, if you want to cash in your guarantee, if you are being given mixed signals or unclear advice i am more than happy to give you my opinion and support. If you want to earn through tour operator income and want to be a part of the Amerimar community then please also feel free to make contact. If you have any comments on my comments, feel free to comment!! My last thought is that having a lawyer does not mean that they will do anything for you, especially those recommended by MRI who i understand is now no longer in business and trading under the name of DCC. Most people require British support in Spain.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 4:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Some pieces of advise ( if useful):

1.- Look for a lawyer totally independent from developers and agents.

2.- If you were not given a Bank Guarantee.... ask for risponsabilities against the Bank acording to provision 1.2 of Law 57/68.

You can click here for further information on the above mentioned action.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2009 10:53 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

I am surprised to hear that MRI are stlll around,  thought they had disappeared. If anyone comes into contact with them please avoid doing business with them. They are an unscrupulous company who employ their own solicitors and financial advisers to handle their customer's affairs. I bought my property through them and will always regret having had dealings with them.

Good luck to all of you who are taking legal action !

Like 0      
25 Nov 2009 11:02 PM by r1ch4rd Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Which country did you buy in? And what was your experience?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

vpo - 13 posts
Supplier of last resort - 4 posts
El Balcon Alcaucin and Terraze Alcaucin - 7 posts
Expensive car hire this year!!! - 3 posts
Credit Crunch Furtniture Packages - 26 posts
ITV1 - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - UK - 3 posts
What happens if planning permission is found to be illegal - 4 posts
so GIB is out the paper work alone is terrible ! LONG TERM RENTAL la Linea wanted can you help ? - 3 posts
Hello from savepurs - 3 posts
Save the Chiringuitos - Sign our online petition - 5 posts
still looking for camp bed!! - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax. Overpaid your taxes due? - 0 posts
Buying cigarettes in Gib, what are the limits for bringing back to UK - 28 posts
Malaga Transfer - 1 posts
Uk bank details asked for? - 11 posts
READY RENTAL PROPERTY !!!BEWARE!!! - 20 posts
UK Tax Return - 6 posts
URGENT APPEAL! Please read and help if you can! - 7 posts
Mr @ Mrs L - 0 posts
La Almazara Jalon Alicante - 10 posts
Costa Blanca South guide book - 14 posts
European Elections -Expat Candidate - 8 posts
Camp bed - 0 posts
bmw - 0 posts
Earthquake in Torrevieja - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x