planning a holiday ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2009 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I joined the forum last year as we were looking to move our family over to spain from the UK. we liked the Murcia area.

In the mean time our plans changed and my husband job moved us to Norway! a bit different,but wonderful all the same.

Now we are planning a trip in july with the view to look at areas but now for a holiday home we can use regular traveling from Norway. Any ideas on a good place to start. We plan to learn spanish as our children have regular spanish lesson at school and our oldest  girl (13)is fluent.

We dont need to be close to schools now but would like to find a spanish village,peace quiet and walking distance to shop and community,so we wouldnt need to keep hiring cars.

We dont intent to rent it out but more to make it our home.

Thanks xx

Like 0      
23 May 2009 5:15 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Which areas do you know in Murcia? Los Alcazares is so popular and by the sea, as are other towns along that coast. We chose 10 miles inland(better value for money) on the edge of a small town. 

I will send you a pm.

Daveil

Like 0      
23 May 2009 5:28 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Hello,Ive just updated my email address.please could you re send the PM.

thank you x

Like 0      
23 May 2009 5:29 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

the trouble with spain is the transport system is the worst in the world.so i am afraid you will need a car each or you will be stuck.

Like 0      
23 May 2009 5:37 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Thanks for that, We will have to rent a car .We are only buying for holidays not to live. We were looking for somewhere within walking distance to local shops or markets. Another thing is I dont drive so if I planned on visiting with my children alone I need to get about without a car.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

kids under 11,s football clubs near villa martin area - 0 posts
Finaly! planning our move to spain. - 1 posts
Gibraltar long term rental wanted. 2 beds 800 or under - 2 posts
UNITED GOLF LA TERCIA BRONCHUS SL- UNREASONABLE NEW SNAGGING CONDITIONS - 5 posts
CAR FOR SALE - Costa Del Sol UK Reg - 0 posts
accountant - 0 posts
accountant - 0 posts
12 month Euribor recalculation - 7 posts
Outtake TV Eye on Spain Style - 5 posts
Written Sentence - 9 posts
Crystal Rentals - 3 posts
Residency - 3 posts
Selling Furniture In Spain - 4 posts
Spain's Blogger Granny dies at 97 - 0 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Electric Problems - 0 posts
Spanish Court Corruption - Whats the next move? - 5 posts
transferring car ownership - 1 posts
problems with yahoo. - 3 posts
Global World Services - 1 posts
Palacios Mar and Limon Mar - 1 posts
Working out mortgage payments - 7 posts
La Refugia? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent on the costa del sol??? - 2 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x