Credit Crunch Furtniture Packages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2009 5:21 PM by Hoochy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Finca,

Can you confirm you do not get commission from the 15 stores you take customers to? it seems strange to me that you would do this out of the goodness of your heart!!  It is well known that some stores offer commisiion to agents who supply them with customers. If you do this for free fair play to you.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2009 5:29 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

If you look at the website we actually make a daily charge a for our time rather than relying on commission which is why the buyers are able to visit store like IKEA, Primark and Casa Casa plus numbers of different  shops which aloows us to be independant  unlike may agents who will steer you to certain shops

If they then buy a shower cubical or lights from a shop like Leroy Merlin then wed can suggest a good tradesman to fit them, again no commission at these DIY stores, just sensible prices for the owners

Often we are also doing the snagging inspections as well

I have been in Spain for 6 years and have built up my knowledge and reputation but no we don´t do this for free

This message was last edited by inspectahomespain on 20/06/2009.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 1:36 PM by Anjinsan Star rating in Kildare. 62 posts Send private message

Anjinsan´s avatar

Hi all,

I have bought a property in Corvera Golf & Country Club in Spain, and was just there this weekend where I closed the sale on my property. (Phase 1 2bed 2bath apartment).

If you need some good local advice on what to do with furnishing your property, I can strongly recommend Roy Howitt of InspectaSpain, he is very knowledgeable and has helped save us a lot of money and time with his 'smartshopspain' service.

Regards,

Ian Hayes

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 5:43 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Thank you for the comments and I was delighted that you could see the savings in shopping locally

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 10:59 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Because I have received a number of requests I have now updated www.smartshopspain.com with some examples and prices for new furniture seen in local retailers around the Murcia and Costa Blanca Areas

Again to explain I do not sell furniture but help people shop for new and secondhand items to save money whene furnishing

Not yet on the site a 3+2 seater leayher sofas at €599 the pair

I will add more items over the next week as the sales have started in Spain, including some beds and bedding examples, but if there is anything specific that you would like included,  please PM

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 4:26 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Do these shops cater for storage & how much is the cost of storage eg. beds & lounge furniture?

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 1:17 PM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Be abit careful, sofas being sold as leather are often only leather faced and then plastic on sides and back,  they will discolour at different rates and will soon look very poor.

Also, they are often made from split leather which is very thin. Unlike fabric, leather has no elasticity and so when it is stretched (by being sat on !!!!) it does not return to shape, it then folds over, the crease is sat on and then it splits. If you are on a tight budget, buy fabric if you want good value for money buy full skin leather, within a couple of years it will pay for itself.

Also, be careful of BI-Cast leather in sofas, Bi-cast is the equivelant of Leather papermache (particles of leather glued together) It is now illegal to call it leather in New Zealand and Australia and this is now spreading throughout the REAL Leather industry.

Before anyone asks, yes I do know about leather and wooden furniture, I have been technically involved in it for over 20years.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ITV1 - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - UK - 3 posts
What happens if planning permission is found to be illegal - 4 posts
so GIB is out the paper work alone is terrible ! LONG TERM RENTAL la Linea wanted can you help ? - 3 posts
Hello from savepurs - 3 posts
Save the Chiringuitos - Sign our online petition - 5 posts
still looking for camp bed!! - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax. Overpaid your taxes due? - 0 posts
Buying cigarettes in Gib, what are the limits for bringing back to UK - 28 posts
Malaga Transfer - 1 posts
Uk bank details asked for? - 11 posts
READY RENTAL PROPERTY !!!BEWARE!!! - 20 posts
UK Tax Return - 6 posts
URGENT APPEAL! Please read and help if you can! - 7 posts
Mr @ Mrs L - 0 posts
La Almazara Jalon Alicante - 10 posts
Costa Blanca South guide book - 14 posts
European Elections -Expat Candidate - 8 posts
Camp bed - 0 posts
bmw - 0 posts
Earthquake in Torrevieja - 7 posts
planning a holiday ?? - 4 posts
kids under 11,s football clubs near villa martin area - 0 posts
Finaly! planning our move to spain. - 1 posts
Gibraltar long term rental wanted. 2 beds 800 or under - 2 posts
UNITED GOLF LA TERCIA BRONCHUS SL- UNREASONABLE NEW SNAGGING CONDITIONS - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x