HOW TO CLEAN WHITE LEATHER SOFAS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2009 12:00 AM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

jUST BACK FROM MIJAS PUEBLO WHERE WE HAD SOME FANTASTIC TIME DESPITE A COOL WEATHER.TRIED TO CLEAN LEATHER SOFAS WITH LEATHER WIPES WITH NO GREAT SUCESS.ANY SUGESTIONS/

VIVA CAPE TOWN

AM IN CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

AND MIJAS PUEBLO

Like 0      
16 May 2009 7:09 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi

If it's very grubby & dirty try using bowl of water with some very mild liquid detergent and damp wipe clean, have done millions this way, and should come like new!

Like 0      
17 May 2009 7:01 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

when i bought mine the shop said to clean it with babys wet wipes becouse the vitimines in them help feed the leather,some time ago i had some smoke damage and they cleaned my sofas realy well

Like 0      
17 May 2009 9:57 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We used to have one and I just used baby wipes.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 May 2009 9:57 AM by Flyboy63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Flyboy63´s avatar

It depends what you want to clean off. I had a motorhome that had cream leather seating and I was told to remove stains to mix in an egg cup, a teaspoon of salt mixed with bleach to a cream, then dab it on and leave it for about 10 mins then wipe off with a damp cloth. Do not rub the paste in just dab it on. Then treat the leather with any cream that you would use on your skin. Worked for me when I got biro on one of the seats.

This message was last edited by Flyboy63 on 18/05/2009.

Like 0      
19 May 2009 4:26 PM by Donna M Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I just got this tip for you from Aggie and Kim (How clean is your house),

To keep your leather couches looking nice, mix one cup of salt water (you can make this with one 3/4 cup tap water and 1/4 cup sea salt), two tablespoons of baking soda, and one teaspoon of flour in a large bowl.

Dip wet rag into the mixture and wipe down the couches. Then dry with a dry rag. It will brighten and clean even the dirtiest leather couches.

Hope it works.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 12:21 PM by johney Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

You can repair the rips with superglue, this works quite well. The best thing for cleaning is actually baby wipes, they contain oil and as well as cleaning it up a treat also conditions the leather..

Thanks for sharing..

We have a huge selection of luxurious sofas, leather sofa to choose from in a selection of gorgeous, on-trend colours.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Daya Nueva Line Dancing - 0 posts
deja vu - 0 posts
What really is the current state of the Spanish market? - 75 posts
That Recipe - 8 posts
car hire - 4 posts
Camposol Golf, Mazarron - 9 posts
Advertising - 0 posts
Has anyone bought on this new development - 0 posts
One-Way van rental without paying it! YOU DRIVE UK-SPAIN AND I DRIVE SPAIN-UK under shared rental agreement - 27 posts
furniture for sale - 0 posts
VILLAS IN ALMERIA - 1 posts
Shar-pai Dog - 0 posts
Travelling to Morocco and Rhonda! - 9 posts
Cheap Flights - 6 posts
Cheap Flights - 0 posts
CNN to film property problems in Spain - 5 posts
WORKING IN SPAIN FOR A BRITISH COMPANY - 5 posts
Calling an Extraordinary Meeting - 2 posts
The builder's creditor has put a claim on my property - 1 posts
CAR FOR SALE EL RASO AREA - 0 posts
Episode 57 - 2 posts
Difficulty with mortgage and need to rent - 2 posts
Renting Mortgaged Property - 2 posts
Private messages - 2 posts
Murcia car hire - update. - 51 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x