The builder's creditor has put a claim on my property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2009 12:00 AM by Matilda Stewart Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My solicitor went to the Land Registry to register my ownership of a property.  She was told that a Spanish company that is owed money by the builder has put a claim on the property.  The builder owes loads of people money.  Can someone advise me what this means and what I can do about it please.  We are worried sick about all this.

I include some details below in case it may be relevant.

The contract for the house was on the basis they I would buy the land from the builder and he would build the house for me and I would pay him in staged payments.

I signed all the papers at the notary in July and the papers were sent off to the Land Registry.  I was told in March that the builder had not registered the Obra Neuve because they had no money.  At the beginning of April I agreed to pay the Obra Neuve taxes and asked the solicitor to arrange this so that the property could be registered in my name.  They delayed doing this until they were chased and then claimed that they were waiting for me to send them additional funds which they had never asked for.  Meanwhile someone has put a claim on the property.  Where do I stand in all this?

Matilda Stewart

Like 0      
20 May 2009 7:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We would nned to see the contract, the Notary deeds and the Land Registry records to be able to see wherr you exactly stand right now.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR FOR SALE EL RASO AREA - 0 posts
Episode 57 - 2 posts
Difficulty with mortgage and need to rent - 2 posts
Renting Mortgaged Property - 2 posts
Private messages - 2 posts
Murcia car hire - update. - 51 posts
alicante airport transfer to villamatin-july - 3 posts
Sofa Bed For Sale - 3 posts
IS MY POA STILL VALID?? - 1 posts
Picture Framer - San Javier area - 3 posts
Who can tell me about.... - 4 posts
Fortuna Investment Recovery Group - 0 posts
Who has tried - 8 posts
Book Writing - 4 posts
2/3 bed to rent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Ford Focus year 2000. - 0 posts
Truck space available Spain to Holland + return. Early June. - 0 posts
Notary Power - 1 posts
Birthday party for EOS - 23 posts
Costa Blanca Driving Warning - 3 posts
window cleaning villamartin area - 5 posts
Car Hire Malaga Airport - 0 posts
New EOS Superstar - 7 posts
octobre or november? - 5 posts
Car insurance - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x