Renting Mortgaged Property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2009 12:00 AM by hamtine Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I have a mortgaged property on a straight forward mortgage not Buy to Let.  With redunancy looming,  and with the resale market only obtaining half the price of what I paid I really need to cover my outgoings each month by either holiday letting or a temporary 11month contract each year.  Is this an option that is usually allowed with a mortgaged property?  Do Ineed to obtain a Licence before I advertise it for rent.  I have searched for some information but there are so many pages on other renting issues that it is difficult to find anything quickly and I really need to get in touch with a renting agent for this season.  Also I believe Ihave to pay taxes on the rental income.  What are the rules here please?

Like 0      
14 May 2009 5:43 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

Which part of the coast is your property ? I believe on the Costa Blanca properties have to be registered with the authorities. here on the Costa Del Sol, no one seems to bother. Holiday lets very hard this year, 11 month long term better.

Like 0      
14 May 2009 5:50 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Hamtine,

Legally I believe you will be in breach of  your mortgage if you do this (I know many people do rent their property out) as lenders stipulate that the property is for residential / personal use and will not allow the property to be used for investment purposes. Some lenders will allow rental to family and friends, on a short term basis e.g. for holidays. Buy to Let is uncommon in Spain and in fact I know of only one lender who does offer a Buy to Let mortgage here and this is based on 50% of historical, provable income.           As far as I aware the tax rate is 24% of gross income and deductions are not allowed for expenses.

Hope above helps,

This message was last edited by sharonw on 14/05/2009.

This message was last edited by sharonw on 14/05/2009.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Private messages - 2 posts
Murcia car hire - update. - 51 posts
alicante airport transfer to villamatin-july - 3 posts
Sofa Bed For Sale - 3 posts
IS MY POA STILL VALID?? - 1 posts
Picture Framer - San Javier area - 3 posts
Who can tell me about.... - 4 posts
Fortuna Investment Recovery Group - 0 posts
Who has tried - 8 posts
Book Writing - 4 posts
2/3 bed to rent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Ford Focus year 2000. - 0 posts
Truck space available Spain to Holland + return. Early June. - 0 posts
Notary Power - 1 posts
Birthday party for EOS - 23 posts
Costa Blanca Driving Warning - 3 posts
window cleaning villamartin area - 5 posts
Car Hire Malaga Airport - 0 posts
New EOS Superstar - 7 posts
octobre or november? - 5 posts
Car insurance - 3 posts
13, 200, 000 MILLION EUROS STOLEN BY CORRUPT SPAIN - 63 posts
Driving to Spain - 3 posts
Declaración de la Renta for Residents - 4 posts
what's the weather like in the alicante area at the moment - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x