Murcia car hire - update.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2009 9:08 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi noreen

That was the company we ended up purchasing from. We paid £79 for the two of us which also covers any additional drivers on the car hire docs. We went for the dual cover as sometimes I go alone so the car hire is in my name and sometimes it is in my husband's name, this way we're both covered and anyone else on the docs. Hopefully we'll never have to use it but it does give peace of mind.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 5:15 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Carol and Richard,

Thats interesting,I never considered that ,we also have an insurance with that company ,in my name ,but we usually put Pat on the car hire to drive ,just in in I keel over, Would it invalidate the insurance if we for example had a damaged wind-screen and we attempted to claim ,and the insurers saw two names on the car hire docs.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 6:12 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I recently took out this insurance and from memory it stated that as long as I was the main driver then we would both be covered.  Whenever I've hired a car most companies are only interested in seeing my documentation which is handy as we rarely travel over together.

For the above reason I decided to only apply for single cover.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 8:24 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Ken

You don't have a problem with what you have described.

If the insurance is in your name only, it covers you & any driver named on the car rental agreement.

The only occasion that your insurance wouldn't work is if Pat were to travel on her own & hire a car, then she wouldn't be covered.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 5:58 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar

Has anyone tried Argus car hire or knows anything about them ? Just checked prices two weeks late July - Aug and found them not too bad, thats if they have any cars available. Also not too sure about leaving all my credit card details for the deposit required what do you think. Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pat & Ann.       

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 6:42 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

I have used Argus and the car was with Victoria in Alicante Airport.  They were fine, but the full tank of petrol was expensive, it was E70 odd for a small car, so factor that into your hire cost.  I had the car for a week at Whitsun and it was E20 short of  the cost of the hire for a week

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 6:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

Well, have to say centauro have come up trumps again. I did, after reading all the others, shop around, but found them to be cheaper and I get the bonus points again, as well as just being able to pre book my details online (no form filling when we get there) located in the airport, and also forgot to mention last time, the gold member gets us a free upgrade (and yes, we have been upgraded last 2 visits. (They do say that upgrade is subject to availability, which suits us fine)

So we have booked our car for August and I am a happy bunny

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 10:25 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar

Thanks Alyson for the reply but at the moment still not confident in giving out my credit card details to Argus or anyone for that matter, Have also hired with Victoria several times in the past and found them to be very good , up until the last car an opel corsa which was a bit bashed about and tatty so desided to move on. Tried centaur bit pricey i think, just waiting for confirmation on availabilaty from doyouspain  By for now and regards

Pat & Ann.     

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 11:52 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Has anyone used DYS recently?

Used them last month. They changed hire company, said they would refund the extra cost, but I am still waiting 3 weeks later

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 1:25 AM by southsidedub Star rating in Ath Cliath. 8 posts Send private message

Yes Milli56 i booked last Jan used DYS  for 1st/17th July from Almeria and returned to Murcia (with  Crown) at 275 euro for Ford Focus Desel plus E55 for full tank plus   E36 for tyres/windows extra. No Q at ether end. would use again.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 2:12 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I've used DYS lots of times, but want to know if anyone has used them recently when they've said they will refund the differenc in cost between original quote & actual cost

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 5:59 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

This sounds strange - I thought that the quote you accepted on line with them was the amount you paid.  We have used them lots too and never had an issue with the cost, only the tyre insurance!

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 1:36 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Got first quote on 18h May , Auriga Crown at Alicante airport, 57.30 euros

Email on 12th June . due to current economic climite etc. no car available with Auriga Crown. Booking changed to Record , 89.25 euros. Letter also states that DYS would refund difference in price between original booking & replacement.

Want to know if this has happened to anyone else, as I still haven't had the refund. Could have been much worse, I did get a car

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 11:14 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Am putting this on here in case anyone else has had same information. Also, if I mange to delete the email, or DYS take a length of time dealing with it, I have a publicly visible copy

Dear Mrs Millington

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have received your details – we would like to apologise for the delay in the refund but can assure you that you will receive your money.

Kind regards

Claire Davis

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 2:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Milli

I'd print that off & frame it.

Actually I create word documents with my mails I NEED to keep on, or create a folder just to keep them out of my general inbox where I'm likely to accidentally delete an inportant one.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 4:28 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

Have heard there is a spate of wheel trims being stolen from hire cars. How would you fair with the rental company if this happened, does anyone know or had experience of this?

Cheers

Like 0      
11 Aug 2009 12:22 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I've finally got a refund of the extra cost of my car hire from DYS & an apology for it taking so long.

Will use them again now

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 4:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Things aren't improving. I booked a car from 2- 10th January with DYS last night for under €120. I received an email today saying the booking cannot be fulfilled, but we can have another car at €180!!

Mark

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 4:30 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

DITO I booked a Fiesta through hirecarspain from Sept 28- Sat 3rd Oct.  I think it was just over £120 and was told today that the next best thing they could give me was a Focus costing £170.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 6:10 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Guys

Out of interest, when did you make the bookings and what size cars were they. We booked a small car through DYS a few weeks ago for October and had the confirmation voucher back stating the car will be with Goldcar. I hope they honour it..!

Phil

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

alicante airport transfer to villamatin-july - 3 posts
Sofa Bed For Sale - 3 posts
IS MY POA STILL VALID?? - 1 posts
Picture Framer - San Javier area - 3 posts
Who can tell me about.... - 4 posts
Fortuna Investment Recovery Group - 0 posts
Who has tried - 8 posts
Book Writing - 4 posts
2/3 bed to rent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Ford Focus year 2000. - 0 posts
Truck space available Spain to Holland + return. Early June. - 0 posts
Notary Power - 1 posts
Birthday party for EOS - 23 posts
Costa Blanca Driving Warning - 3 posts
window cleaning villamartin area - 5 posts
Car Hire Malaga Airport - 0 posts
New EOS Superstar - 7 posts
octobre or november? - 5 posts
Car insurance - 3 posts
13, 200, 000 MILLION EUROS STOLEN BY CORRUPT SPAIN - 63 posts
Driving to Spain - 3 posts
Declaración de la Renta for Residents - 4 posts
what's the weather like in the alicante area at the moment - 6 posts
purchase - 2 posts
Medcup sailing race started in Alicante - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x