Declaración de la Renta for Residents

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2009 12:00 AM by pecosa Star rating in Las Palmas, Canarias.... 3 posts Send private message

Just one very simple question for the experts out there, am I right in understanding that if I have changed address since my last year's Declaración, I must first advise Hacienda of my change in address before being able to submit my Declaración? (aarrrgghhh....more hoops to jump).

Like 0      
25 May 2009 10:03 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Dear Pecosa,

It is not neccesary for paying your taxes, but you could fill the 030 form in to change your address.

Kind Regards,

Mar Durio
Calle Ancha 30, 2º
E-11201 Algeciras
(t) +34.956.092.687
(f) +34.956.092.697
m.durio@costaluzlawyers.es
www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
25 May 2009 11:04 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hi Pecosa.

Mar is correct. You should change your address for future correspondence from Hacienda. It would save you paying surcharges if they contacted you and the mail was sent to your old address.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
26 May 2009 4:46 PM by The Sheriff Star rating in Rojales, Quesada. 31 posts Send private message

Be careful though as my Accountant told me that if you change address without living at your previous address for longer than three years then the Hacienda can claim any tax rebate given to you previously !  I am not sure why - he probably did tell me !!  but one of the experts may be able to explain why !! 

He is a very good Accountant so I have every reason to believe this is true !

Good Luck !!

Like 0      
28 May 2009 5:22 PM by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

I can only see the possiblity of a tax liability if  you're changing your address because you've sold your home and moved, and you haven't lived in the old home for long enough to claim roll over relief on the purchase of your new home i.e. 3 years. Eithey way, if you sell your main home and

1. you've owned it for more than 3 years 

2. you've been resident in Spain for at least 3 years (read as 3 resident's tax returns filed) and

3. you're over 65

....then there's no CGT on the gain made when you sell your home, even if you don't buy another property.

If you're changing your address for any other reason e.g. you are moving between rented properties, then there won't be a tax liability.

Trust this helps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

what's the weather like in the alicante area at the moment - 6 posts
purchase - 2 posts
Medcup sailing race started in Alicante - 0 posts
Touring caravan wanted - 1 posts
Anyone out there who can't complete on Roda or Corvera? Not just walking away - 3 posts
bank won't talk to us - can anyone help - 8 posts
buying property in Denia - 3 posts
Bank Guarantees - are they ring fenced? - 8 posts
Can anyone help?? - 4 posts
Can anyone help? - 1 posts
Vital Dent - 5 posts
Make your land more productive - 2 posts
MALAGA DAVE - 0 posts
Villapac on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Needing Good Solicitor - 5 posts
tax office for 210 forms - 15 posts
marina del castillo - 0 posts
Property Rental Wanted- Benijofar / Benimar / Rojales Hills - 0 posts
Jet2 Points For 'Free' Flights - 0 posts
hello nice to see you all....potential customer - 1 posts
Polaris World Condado de Alhama- TV - 2 posts
How to estimate occupancy rates - 6 posts
Development maps incorrect - 3 posts
City of Malaga - Information and Advice for Potential Visitors - 0 posts
Notification problems again - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x