small claims court

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2009 12:00 AM by ciara4040 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

hi, does anyone know if there is a smal claims court or something similar in spain that can be used to force tenants to pay the rent they owe you?

Like 0      
04 May 2009 2:34 PM by kernow24 Star rating. 105 posts Send private message

Good question that I would also be interested in.  The tenant we have has not paid for 8 months now, nor utilites.  Says she has no money and tells us  it would  be cheaper to pay her to leave than to take her to court as she has not money to pay even if we win!!!!!

Like 0      
04 May 2009 5:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dis you submitt the contract to arbitration or to Courts? If you submitted it to Courts, you will have to go through a long eviction procedure within the corresponding  First instance court. 

Sometimes, a lawyers´ letter has proved to be enough for tenants to leave but not always.

That is why I always recommend to submitt rental contracts to arbitration.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 May 2009 5:40 PM by kernow24 Star rating. 105 posts Send private message

We have tried a 2 legal letter's from lawyers with same responce.  Have no money and will only leave if we pay her, or if we  have to take her to court for eviction.

Ours is a long drawn out saga, which I  have asked your for your advice for previously Maria. I think the only option was for eviction even though we have never signed a contract with this tenant as it was done through an agency we had never heard of, who put our details on the contract with the tenants. (they got our details through another agent) I would love to name these rental agents, if just to warn other's not to use them as I know they are still trading,  but know that is not possible.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 5:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well, go to the eviction and think that you are doing all you can to recover your rights. Take it with patience.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts
Hi everyone, yet another newbie in deep doo-doo - 20 posts
Forum Help - 10 posts
driving on someones insurance - 0 posts
Decisions, decisions - 3 posts
Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts
It's BACK.......... - 20 posts
Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts
10-year new-build guarantee (not!) - 8 posts
Paradores - 0 posts
May day - 1 posts
looking for cheap offers - 9 posts
Diabetes in Spain - 10 posts
Spain not alone in land grabbing? - 23 posts
Open House by Atlantic Club in Tarifa ( Dos Mares) - 3 posts
150 subsidies for an amount of €300 granted to retired and pensioners registered to be living in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Wheel assembly for sliding patio doors - 1 posts
amba1 - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x