Decisions, decisions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We are going to have a Spanish "Christmas" this/ next year. Looking at flights, only Monarch have anything published for January 2010. 3 adults from Manchester to Murcia, depart 1st Jan, arrive back 10th Jan is £295. Do we wait for Jet2 to publish their flights from Leeds in a couple of months time or bite the bullet and take this deal? Would rather fly on the 31st as we could then get to the bar in time for new year, but.....

Answers on a postcard please .

Mark

Like 0      
03 May 2009 11:38 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

A bit of a hard one really £295 for 3 people equates to less then £100 each which is not bad. I fly from LBA  to Murcia on average every month and being self employed flights generally get booked at short notice. I am pretty sure going out on the 31st of December you may be able to get a better deal waiting for Jet 2 to announce their prices!

Like 0      
04 May 2009 6:03 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Mark

We always do a Spanish Christmas

We book (with Monarch), as early as the purse srtings allow.

Generally, we pay an avg of £100 pp

I know from experience, the prices rise throughout the year, so book early!

I think that is a good price, go for it!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
04 May 2009 1:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks to both for the input.

I would prefer to fly from LBA so think I may wait until Jet2 announce their fares. Thinking about the extra fuel and parking, it means Jet2 can be a bit more expensive to compensate. 31st Dec would be better as the wife is working that day and I know J2 had some really cheap flights last year. Should get us to the apartment in time for the celebrations .

I would love to try Monarch Fibby as I had some great flights with them in the past (but charter not scheduled) and have heard some good things about them. I am keeping an eye on what is happening and will "pounce" as soon as I see anything favourable .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts
It's BACK.......... - 20 posts
Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts
10-year new-build guarantee (not!) - 8 posts
Paradores - 0 posts
May day - 1 posts
looking for cheap offers - 9 posts
Diabetes in Spain - 10 posts
Spain not alone in land grabbing? - 23 posts
Open House by Atlantic Club in Tarifa ( Dos Mares) - 3 posts
150 subsidies for an amount of €300 granted to retired and pensioners registered to be living in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Wheel assembly for sliding patio doors - 1 posts
amba1 - 3 posts
Making Friends - 1 posts
Buying a car in spain - 0 posts
Hi All Info/Help request - 2 posts
wealth tax - 2 posts
new comers mags and colm - 0 posts
Alfredos in San Pedro - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x