Ryanair ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2009 1:42 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Oh, no, not Ryanair again, you are all saying (well, at least continued a thread without starting yet another one).

This time it might be the passengers getting their own back.  The German courts have decreed that Ryanair charging £7 credit card fees for a return flight is not on (£10 in UK, by the way).  They say these charges are "profiteering" (of course they are) as people are forced to pay a credit/debit card fee.  Ryanair contested this by saying people can use Visa Electron but the German courts said it was unfair to make people take on another account simply to pay for Ryanair flights.  They were also concerned about the lack of correct information regarding "extras" such as luggage, booking in fees, excess weight etc.  Apparently Ryanair have changed their website for the German customers but British regulators are "studying the ruling".

Mind you, this came from the Telegraph Travel section which also reports, among other things, that Spain is the cheapest for fuel (just 1p more than Switzerland for unleaded but by far the cheaper for diesel) in Europe.  It also said that "car rental has been cut by up to 30% to encourage more travellers".  Hmmm, not in Spain it hasn't where prices this year have doubled since last year.  It cost me £243 last year for 2 weeks hire but you'd be lucky to get it for £450 this year, that's if you can find a car.  In February this year, I hired a care for €62 for a week, same company and same car in August is €245 (I should say "was" €245 as they now have no cars available at all.  All this talk of the Eurozone being so expensive that it would slash the number of holiday makers has proved to be so false that companies, who cut their fleets in anticipation of no-one coming to Spain, now have no cars available and have virtually doubled their prices to keep their profits up. 

This is not, of course, only Spain.  The UK government are increasing the cost of a passport from October due to the low numbers of people renewing them.  They are going up to £77.50  or £145.00 for a "fast track" application.  Air Passenger Duty is to increase at the same time.  Anyone for Blackpool?

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 12:20 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

for those unawear air lingus.com now have half decently priced fligths from london to malaga

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 10:17 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Report according to today's newspaper Air India have been fined for putting extra passengers in flight cockpit and seating passengers in the toilets. Who would have Ryanair being beaten of the mark. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts
Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts
Mercury.es anyone have any good experiences etc? - 0 posts
price reduction confortlin eco flax bedding equestrian direct spain - 0 posts
Not exactly Flights to Spain... - 1 posts
Simulsat V Torresat - 7 posts
Medsea Estate Agents - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x