Spanish TV Urbanisation issue

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by CaurentaAlgo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could advise on the legal position with regards to my entitlement to receive Spanish TV?  A few months ago now, my urbanisation employed a firm of TV Engineers to install a communal satellite dish, to receive a range of English TV channels.

Ever since the fitters started their work, there has been in some cases a reduction in quality of Spanish TV, and in other cases a total loss. I suspect that the fitters of the English TV system, have in part used the existing infrastructure, and that is why we have lost  Spanish TV.

Clearly a large majority of our urb want the Englsih system that they have paid for, but there remains a few of us who would have liked to have retained the Spanish system. When I have raised this issue with the Urb committee I just get fobbed off.

Am I right in thinking that there is a legal obligation for the comminity to provide spanish tv?  If anyone has any info, or could suggest a web site (in spanish or english)where I might be able to find out more,  I would be grateful.

Thanks

RH

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 8:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Am I right in thinking that there is a legal obligation for the comminity to provide spanish tv?

We were certainly told that providing Spanish TV was an obligation of a community.

When Telmicro installed their own system in our community we lost the Spanish TV channels. When Telmicro went down the Suwannee some residents managed to swap cables around in the pool area where the mesh dish for our community was & finally found the Spanish TV channels so all was well, with those who wanted Spanish TV anyway. It was, as we were told, their right & one which had been denied them after Telmicro 'interferred' with the cabling.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/24/2009.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 8:39 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

yes you are correct it is the law on the urb were our rental property is they have just put in masts to receive spanish tv even tho only a handful of the 400 properties wanted the expense

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Brand new sat dish for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone give me a lift to Malaga airport from San Pedro ( I'll pay you!) - 0 posts
Moving down to live in spain - 1 posts
Mortgage Angel - 0 posts
power of attorney - 12 posts
anyone used Abolex Lawyers????? - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Castellon - 0 posts
RC Equipment - 1 posts
RC Equipment - 0 posts
Car prices in Spain - 11 posts
We've pulled out - 4 posts
Simo - Peniscola - 0 posts
Cancer - 2 posts
Peñíscola Owners - 3 posts
Maria - need some help can't seem to get any sense from my lawyer - 12 posts
Driving from the UK - 3 posts
Life insurance - 7 posts
Block 37 - 0 posts
First time visit! - 14 posts
Electricity/Water Meters - 8 posts
Boats and Boating Sailing in Spain ! Help required? - 0 posts
Whats your perfect golfing holiday? - 0 posts
Has anybody had any luck with regularising and registering their illegally built house ??? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x