Christmas Trees...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Are Christmas trees part of Spanish culture?  We're packing at the moment and if we can buy one there next year it'll avoid having to take ours, and a possible domestic...!  Thank you,  Donna

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 5:20 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The shops are all filled with artificial trees (in the Vera area anyway), lights, decorations, Santa stop here boards (in Spanish of course). I have also seen many real trees in the porches and gardens of propperties in the area, so they can be bought, but didn't see any for sale.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 8:44 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We went into a floristeria before Christmas to price real Christmas trees, and they cost 18 euros for a fairly large tree - and all the local shops had real trees outside.  Many shops sold artificial trees too, plus lots of decorations, climbing Santas and 3 Kings etc.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 8:44 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Now that gives me a fab idea for next Christmas. I go to France and buy a van load of trees and drive them back here and sell them at twice the price.  I buy Xmas trees at 5 Euro a shot for a six footer over there and they have roots and about 10 years ago I planted one in the garden and its about 20 feet tall now. In fact if memory serves (memory dying in old age) we dug it up again the next year and used it again and then replanted it.

You didn't pack an artificial one in our van though Donna so you can be my first customer next Christmas.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taxes in Costaluz according to Aristotles. - 0 posts
Xmas request? - 0 posts
3-4 Month Property rental needed - 5 posts
Santander - 4 posts
summer holidays - 10 posts
house swap - 0 posts
Cheap phone calls in UK and abroad - 14 posts
house swap - 2 posts
Quality, Affordable Builder in Costa tropical region. All you building needs. Fluent Spanish - 0 posts
Stunning Off plan development/ plot of land for sale Jete/Almunecar Costa tropical - 0 posts
pub style or similar pool table wanted south spain - 0 posts
Getting a TV to spain - 13 posts
Mortgage rates in Spain have they come down? will they come down? when? - 12 posts
Is telemicro back? - 10 posts
stray dogs Granada - 4 posts
pilurini - 0 posts
Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts
3 KINGS PARADE - 15 posts
Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x