Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by pilurini Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

We can no longer pay our morgage!

Our bank has sent my boyfriend e-mails threatening at an early stage , when we only owed half a month. Since recieving a letter which told us we owed 4000 euros more than the real amount (it was a mistake, brushed over by themselves) I made no more payments (OCTOBER 2008). The letter was unfriendly and wrong and certainly put me back at work- I´m in sales and the letter was scary.

I went to the bank on Dec 15th , and at first the bank clerk was very nice, and said that perhaps we could find a solution. She then went onto say that if My boyfriend didnot pay the full amount of arrears- now 4000 by Dec 26th, we should hand the keys back --and that it had already gone to ther legal department- I said that would be impossible and that perhaps we would be able to pay the full amount by end of Jan. I do not understand the significance of the date 26th Dec, our morgage is due always on the 11th of veach month.

Well, after much thought, we have decided that it is a good idea to give the keys back. Our loan is 165000, we have been paying a repayment morgage for 12 months and the flat is worth about 185000,  1 year ago they were up for sale at 200000.

Is this a daction en pago and is it possible?

The bank clerk said that the police would throw us out onto the steet if we didn´t pay up!!!  in jan 2009.  I can´t believe this to be true - wewant to go anyway- any advice?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts
3 KINGS PARADE - 15 posts
Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts
Guests to avoid... - 8 posts
Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'? - 2 posts
Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts
The Fourth King - 0 posts
Chesterton and the wise men ( Reyes Magos) - 0 posts
Van to Europe - 0 posts
Long term rental - Tenants rights - 3 posts
Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts
Hi - let us introduce ourselves - 1 posts
Curtains / blinds - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x