Is telemicro back?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by toucheyturtle Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Just been on the phone to my neighbour and they said that telemicro was back, maybe under new ownership is it true?

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 6:03 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

It's a new company using a similar broadcast signall,  Some Telemicro customers are able to receive the signal and it's free up to the end of January after that the signal will be encrypted.  On one of the channels there's an information screen which tells you details of who you have to ring to sign up, it's free of charge before this date unless you need to have the equipment adjusted.  You then pay 19.50 a month and you can cancel your contract with only one months notice.

When I was out in December the programme line-up wasn't that great but I think they have now added some more channels lately.

Seems to be all free to air channels but then if you cannot install a 1.9 dish then it's a cheaper option than Torresat.

Nearly forgot the company is called Simalsat, you might even find somemore information on it if you do a google search.  They do have a website.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2009 11:25 AM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

We too have been recommended to switch to SIMULSAT,anybody got any info/news on them-good or bad

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 10:26 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Has anyone any good or bad experiences with simulsat, thinking of having it installed. What channels do you get?

Thank You

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 7:11 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've just returned from Spain.  We arrived after the high winds and found that we didn't have any TV.  When I went out in November/December I installed my Telmicro box and was receiving channels then. 

I understand the line up has changed and more channels have been added.  They used to broadcast channel 4 +1 but now have channel 4.

I've been catching up on other forums and some people think that they won't be able to scramble the signal so if you still have your mesh ariel and box why not try connecting it when your next over and try tuning it in your selves.

That's what I'm going to do when I'm next out, our ariel points in a different direction to my neighbours so perhaps that's all we need to do, change the direction of ariel.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:38 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Semi...................it was scrambled by the time we returned from UK on 9th Feb !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Girls

Is that the simulsat TV??

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:46 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

No....the 'illegal' Torresat............you know when you swivel the mesh round..........I don't know about Simulsat tho

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:52 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Karen

Been contemplating having simulsat installed when we come over

Have to see how the communal is getting on with it before we start chucking good money after bad

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 3:21 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I was talking about Simulsat TV, in December I managed to get a resonable reception once I reconnected my Telemicro box.  When we returned in January we should have still been able to receive the "free channels" but kept getting the E48 searching for channels or something similar on the box.

We wondered if the ariel was out of sync due to the high winds that hit the coast the day before we arrived, also our ariel points to Los Montisinos whereas both my neighbours point towards La Mata.

Both my neighbours are pleased with it and as long as you have all the telemicro connections in place I believe it's only a nominal charge to have it connected.  If you want to cancel then it's just a months notice.

At the moment we've decided not to have it connected and wait until we spend longer periods out in Spain.

We don't rent our place out so can live without UK TV for a couple of weeks.  Although we did get caught out on the day we tried to return home as we weren't aware that Briton was snowed in.  Spent 7 hours at Alicante getting absolutely nowhere.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:36 PM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Semi

Yes,when we arrived in Feb,I reconnected our box and got 36 channels,majority of time reception was ok,I think our mesh points towards Los Montesinos,but we are in Aguas Nuevas,so La Mata is nearest;we left on 14 feb,just after bad weather had gone.

On Simulsat channel 6 there were various 'provisional'offices to go to to sign up,we tried 2 which were bars,and the people there said'no he has stopped coming',we tried to find the main office in Gran Alacant-unsuccesful.

What intrigues us is that they do not advertise in the papers;also they threaten to scramble the signal of those who havent subscribed,one wonders how they can do this if they dont have your card number,furthermore,if they scramble all the signals and then just connect those who have subscribed,they are missing out on the thousands of folks who dont go out till spring onwards,as they wont know about Simulsat if they cant put the telly on and get channel 6 and there are no adverts.

Everything about it all seems very strange and you wonder if its not just a crowd of the old Telmicro engineers getting together and working out some sort of scam to get cash.

If its all genuine then when we next go out in May,we will try to make contact again,and as you say,we are not putting brass up front and its only a months notice,so no real problem-if not we will have to have a rethink;we have friends(known 50 years)in Quesada,they have Freesat which is brill,and they share the disk with 3 others which brings cost down,but neighbours there have signed up with Simulsat,so time will tell.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

stray dogs Granada - 4 posts
pilurini - 0 posts
Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts
3 KINGS PARADE - 15 posts
Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts
Guests to avoid... - 8 posts
Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'? - 2 posts
Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts
The Fourth King - 0 posts
Chesterton and the wise men ( Reyes Magos) - 0 posts
Van to Europe - 0 posts
Long term rental - Tenants rights - 3 posts
Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x