Hola from snowy Andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by trog Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hola todas

I have lived in Northern Andalucia in a small pueblo near to Baza for the last 2 years and we are currently surrounded by snowy mountains so its a chilly start to the New Year. The info on the site is good even though it seems to be slanted towards the Costa dwellers. Remember some of us prefer the mountains where you have to learn the lingo and there are definitely 4 seasons.

Feliz nuebo anos to you all.

Trog

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 10:23 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Trog

Welcome to Eye on Spain and Happy New Year.

We are always really interested to hear from people living inland.  Have you any pics you can post of your area?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 11:07 AM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Hi Trog,

Welcome to the site. Baza is a nice area which we have traveled through but not spent a large amount of time there.

We are looking to relocate to the Alpujarras in the next few years (ideally, somewhere close to Pitres) and have spent many enjoyable weeks walking in the mountains (in all the seasons !!)

Feliz nuebo anos

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 1:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This one always tickles me.  As most people know, the word for "year" in Spanish is "año".  When you don't have the ñ on your keyboard people write "ano" which acually means "anus" in English .  So "feliz ano nuevo" can mean something else (if you have a twisted sense of humour like me)

Maybe it's just me but it always makes me giggle...

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 3:14 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Well, after the very hot curry (turkey!!) on New Year's Day, it's a sentiment that has some truth to it !!

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 12:18 PM by spaniola Star rating in Jaen. 22 posts Send private message

Just  like to say Hi to all from a very cold Jaen province.

There certainly are four seasons inland - and much more extreme too.

Rachel

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 12:48 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Bienvenido from almost freezing Jumilla! 

The temperature has been below freezing for the last couple of nights, and although today it is 4 degrees, the forecast for tonight is -2.  It does look as if it will be getting warmer over the next week though.  We are about one hour from the coast, and the town is 500m above sea level, so we get seasons too.  We enjoy walking in the mountains surrounding the town, though as we don't have a car we usually go to Santa Ana, as we can walk there.  Yes, you need to speak some Spanish here, as most people don't speak English, so we are going to classes twice a week.  Maybe we should start a new thread: Living inland in Spain?

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Injured Stray Dog - Help Needed - 4 posts
Good area to move to? - 20 posts
SPANISH PROPERTY SCANDAL: JOINT ACTION - 0 posts
Bank / mortgage problems. - 26 posts
help wanted to rent out our apartment in Arenal Golf - 3 posts
NIE application forms - 0 posts
2009 commitment - 25 posts
Happy New Year................. - 12 posts
advice needed on my mortgage - 17 posts
u.k.based Lawyers - 5 posts
furniture - 7 posts
QUAD For Sale - 7 posts
Transporting Furniture from UK - 3 posts
radio controled nitro/petrol cars trucks..... - 0 posts
It's Almost Over - 3 posts
no bank gaurantees - 2 posts
Driving a spanish car on uk licence - 62 posts
Berth For Sale Fuengirola Port - 0 posts
licence entitlement for goods vehicles - 2 posts
working partner wanted finca work - 2 posts
Looking for property to rent from 7/1/09 to 21/1/09 Manilva/duquesa area if possible - 2 posts
Fiat Doblo for sale - 0 posts
Shooting Star in Orion Constellation 22nd December - 1 posts
Hi from Lanzarote. - 3 posts
cant wait to relocate to spain - bitten by the bug - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x