Big Dish Little Dish Rebroadcasting where to next

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

Having had property in spain for about six years now I have had several tv systems, I am yet to find a suitable solution. The first system i had the actual picture kept breaking up I cant remember the name of the company now. I invested in a large dish I think it was a 2.4 dish. This was put on my patio. It was okay for a while but I kept loosing the signal as the dish kept moving, even though it was concreted in. I eventuall swapped it for a Telmicro system (stupid I know). Then they went off. Now I have torresat installed and it has been next to useless. Some of the channels got took off without no notification whatsoever and replaced with other useless channels that nobody wants to watch. I have had the engineers out twice now.first of all the lnb was not strong enough to pick up ITV, so I had to wait nearly a month for a new LNB. Then it was fitted. Then the picture kept freesing and I got the message searching for signal. During different times of the day I cant watch it as there is no signal,this ranges from the morning afternoon early evening and in the evening you can forget about watching TV.Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt you have to take pot luck.

Is it too much to ask for a television system that really works without all these constant problems,or am I forced to watch spanish tv for the rest of my life.

Ive tried large dishes rebroadcasters and none of them work for me so where can I go next.

I cant have a large dish on the roof as I dont have a place to put it,I live in the playa flamenca area and searching for a system that would give me adequate viewing without all this hassle im receiving lately,any suggestions would be gratefully received.I have spent a fortune on sysems that dont work for me and this is my last hope,otherwise I think Ill give up and stick to reading books instead of watching tv.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 11:47 PM by Brian2 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

You shouldn't have a problem with a dish your size. If the dish is on the patio you should also be able to adjust it yourself. You can also adjust the LNB yourself. None of this is rocket science.

There are numerous sources of info on the web.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 11:28 AM by Brian2 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Let me know and I can point you in right direction on some of the satellite forums.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 11:51 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

all systems work ok if they are set up correctly in the first place

your big dish should be ok for decent tv - and you will not have to pay for the free tv chanenls on satellite - it it was moving out of aligment then the installer did not correctly tighten all the bolts and supports correctly (cowboy??) - sometime i put steel cable lines to the dish to help keep the dish stable in wind.

(hmmmm...sometimes i wish i covered the area so that jobs would be done properly!).

** EDITED - Self promotion **

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
21 Dec 2008 3:37 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I live in an apartment block, about 46 of the community decided to have a digital

satelitte system installed. Most of the time the picture is okay, but all the itv

stations start to break up on my tv about 8pm. my neighbours is okay all of

the time, other users either break up or go off all together on a night time.

1.Is this normal practice to lose the stations with satelitte itv on a night time?

2.Could it be because all of the 46 apartments are on the same dish ?

3.Surely everyone should lose the stations at the same time?

The engineer is due back tomorrow to check out the system AGAIN so

any replies would be appreciated.

coolyes

Like 0      
21 Dec 2008 5:59 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Hi 

There are 15 or more ITV1 regions all spread over five or so frequencies...some (the vertical ones) are stronger in spain than the horizontal  ones. so sometimes you cannot compare loss of siganl times woith your neighbour unless you are all using the same ITV1 regions.

There are also some on frequency 12402 that you can actually pick up on a smaller dish and are generally stronger - however these are not on freesat receiver and are only available with the use of a freesatfromsky or sky card.

It can also be affected by the type of reciver being used - some are better than others...for exampl e a pace 2600 or a Humax freesat are a HUGE amount better than PAce 440 and 445's for example.

Unless they have screwed up the cabling and amplifer and multiswicthing sytems...

Hope this helps

PS mods: cant remember what i put on my previous post but apols anyway!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
22 Dec 2008 4:19 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi SATANDPCGUY,

Thanks for the info BUT it is double dutch to me, I am not technical

minded at all, I think they have installed the cable wrong according

to some of the residents. Anyway it is working now so will have to

wait ans see if it breaks up tonight again.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying in villamartin - 15 posts
Heirs of Inheritance - 4 posts
Hi - 5 posts
New Years Eve - 5 posts
Is The The Tide Turning - 24 posts
CHRISTMAS 'SWEETIE' QUIZ.................give it a go ! ! ! - 40 posts
Compound archery set - 0 posts
Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - 2 posts
FORWARD CONTRACTS - 7 posts
Fincas wanted - 0 posts
Old school photos - 10 posts
Christmas lights - 2 posts
Hi all, and advice please... - 2 posts
UCI Bank - Help! - 6 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Fuerteventura in the New Year - 1 posts
ethical problem - 5 posts
Registration of Rental properties - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Karensun - 10 posts
Hello again - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about Alicante university? - 1 posts
Unused quality furniture pack for sale. - 1 posts
God its cold!!!! - 5 posts
Buying a LHD in UK or Spain?? - 1 posts
Are they now charging £100 a year for your card.. basically blackmail!!!!.. - 7 posts
SKY digibox going into standby - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x