Buying in villamartin

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by Gorth1 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi just new to the site and find it very interesting. We are buying a apartment in villamartin and would like some views on the area.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 2:13 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gorth1, warm welcome to the forum.  Hope you'll find it as useful as lots of us do.

Have you bought yet at Villamartin?  It's a good location near to lots of facilities.   wish you luck in your new place.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 2:46 PM by Gorth1 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Yes our offer has been accepted and we are looking forward to having our holidays there. Seems to be a good place with plenty to do. Worried a bit about the reports of crime in the area though. Has anyone got any niews on this?

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 4:48 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I have friends who've stayed there and love it.  I also have friends living there who have recently moved because they were burgled, but I'm sorry I don'y know anymore about any crime in the area.  Perhaps someone else will know more.   

Jane

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 4:49 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

edited as posted twice in error

This message was last edited by ******** on 12/13/2008.

Jane

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 5:53 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We bought an apartment in Villamartin almost a year ago and it was the best decision we ever made as we absolutely love it! We have been to the apartment 10 times already this year! We have made many friends on our urbanization and love the whole area. There are restaurants and facilities within walking distance - beaches only 8 minutes away - a short drive down into Murcia and you are in the real Spain and we love the area around Lo Pagan. As for crime - although we have heard stories we have not actually seen anything, but you do have to be sensible - lock up when you go out - when you go for a swim dont leave the place open and unattended. Just sensible things that you would probably do at home anyway. Most burglaries we have heard about have happened when people have been careless for a moment. We certainly would recommend it to anybody!

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 9:34 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Yes, it is a great location, and you have to be as careful there as anywhere else to stop thieves.  Our friend's burglary was not due to carelessness.  They were watched.  They had visitors this September and went out for a meal, carefully locking everything as usual.  On their return they found the security grilles at the back of the house had been pulled out of the wall, taking half the wall with them, and windows removed to get in.  They never felt safe after that and have now moved..

Jane

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 10:03 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Gorth Welcome to the forum and also to VillamartinI have lived here for five years and never had a problem even in the early days when there was only us and not even a street light  A lot now depends on where you are and also if you have neighbours who are in a lot, the new developements seem to get hit the most

We are just over the canal (Pau 8) and thanks to the Neighbourhood Watch there is a greater police presence in the area

We too love it here and moving to Villamartin was the best thing we ever did our Community is getting better by the day Please feel free to p.m. me if you have any queries, and good luck with the purchase

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 10:07 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We too are just over the canal in Pau 8!

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 10:29 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Saffronbilli

We are in Sol Golf 1 just near the 2nd roundabout after the blue canal bridge

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 4:49 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We must walk by your place on our nights out at the plaza then! We are right down the bottom in Calle Nabucco.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 4:54 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Shows how small a world it is we are on the same road! 

The one with the noisy dogs (sorry neighbours) the one that makes the most noise and sets the others off is very ill so it should calm down next year.  We will  miss her but since she went blind she has barked for Spain, we have had her to the vets and also to dog training but she just gets worse as she get older.

As I said before if there is anything you need to know or just want to chat then either come back on here or p.m. me.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 5:19 PM by Gorth1 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for letting us know your views on the area, we are buying in pinadagolf 2 and it is nice to talk to people who know the area .Any other problems i will be on the forum,it is nice to know there is people who can help with any questions we have

Bernie

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 5:22 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Bernie

Good luck with the purchase, this forum is a mind of information so if in doubt this is usually the best place to come.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 6:12 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Hi Denise! yes it is a very small world! Are you at the top of the road heading towards the canal? On a corner? Is your dog a small possibly terrier type dog and maybe white? I seem to remember a little dog that always comes out and barks at us when we walk by - could that be you? Well I know the dog isnt you but you know what I mean!!!!

Do you live there permanently?

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 7:46 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi

Saffronbilli, not guilty I am afraid, we have three dogs (yes too many) and the largest Doris either sits in the chair or on the table in the garden so everyone knows her.  The youngest is our latest ´"find" and is a little brown terrier and the old one that is ill we brought from the U.K. and is a Yorkie cross (very cross now she has gone blind)

We have been here permantley for five years and as I said before love the area.  I have sent you a private message with my email address if you want to ask any thing about the area.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Heirs of Inheritance - 4 posts
Hi - 5 posts
New Years Eve - 5 posts
Is The The Tide Turning - 24 posts
CHRISTMAS 'SWEETIE' QUIZ.................give it a go ! ! ! - 40 posts
Compound archery set - 0 posts
Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - 2 posts
FORWARD CONTRACTS - 7 posts
Fincas wanted - 0 posts
Old school photos - 10 posts
Christmas lights - 2 posts
Hi all, and advice please... - 2 posts
UCI Bank - Help! - 6 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Fuerteventura in the New Year - 1 posts
ethical problem - 5 posts
Registration of Rental properties - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Karensun - 10 posts
Hello again - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about Alicante university? - 1 posts
Unused quality furniture pack for sale. - 1 posts
God its cold!!!! - 5 posts
Buying a LHD in UK or Spain?? - 1 posts
Are they now charging £100 a year for your card.. basically blackmail!!!!.. - 7 posts
SKY digibox going into standby - 4 posts
All done in a day - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x