Wood burning stoves

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2014 9:07 AM by barry222 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Thanks Chris, great tips :)

Thank you too q-pilot, I think we might perhaps be needing your services. How can you tell if your chimney needs sweeping or not? Would you be ok with posting your contact details?

Thanks guys :)

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 9:37 AM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

No problem at all. q-pilot, at that sort of money for a sweep, you should be busy here. Why don't you post the area your in and see if you can get some work.. It would be nice for people here to have somebody who nows their work and does not charge the earth

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
06 Feb 2014 12:27 AM by q-pilot Star rating in When in the UK, Leic.... 12 posts Send private message

q-pilot´s avatar

@Barry222 - The way to find out if your chimney needs sweeping is to get it swept! If you read the trade association & solid fuel advisory service websites, their wording for the recommendation of sweeping solid fuel flues is once every three months of use (which is a bit vague). The certificates issued in the UK are valid for 6 months for insurance purposes, but most of my customers get chimneys swept annually. I am currently still wrapping up the busy season in the UK, but planning to be back in Spain soon. I don't man my Spanish mobile at home but email is spain at chimneydoc dot co dot uk (*) 

@chrisinspain, I am based in Fortuna, Murcia and happy to cover 25km for single jobs, but will travel further if there are a few in an area. In Spain, I exclusively use rotary power sweeping due to the nature of flues and the fact that they all seem to be heavily tarred — possibly due to the nature of the fuel. In the UK, I charge £48 for this service, so if I ever get to the point of moving to Spain, the cost will surely increase (but not by that much!)

*Sorry - cant post full email address as my account has not been 'aproaved' apparently. - I've been on here several years but no idea how to do do that!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2014 10:09 AM by barry222 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Thanks q-pilot that is very helpful. I havent had mine swept in over 5 years!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2014 9:56 PM by q-pilot Star rating in When in the UK, Leic.... 12 posts Send private message

q-pilot´s avatar

Oops! email should be eos@chimneydoc dot co dot uk

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 7:59 PM by DMcA Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could guide us in the right direction - We have found a stove that we like for our UK property but it appears to be spanish - We found the manufacturer in Barcelona but have no idea where they are sold in Spain.

Our intention is to fly over and ship it back.

It is called the Rocal Giselle 80 or 100.

Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Cheers!!!

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 8:21 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

www.stovax.com or just google the company name  it they can be bought in any  most plumbing merchant's in the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Booking flights and paying in Euros - 7 posts
The rain in Spain - 9 posts
The Compensation Letter - 2 posts
Riviera Del Sol - 2 posts
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada - 1 posts
just moved to Alcoy - 1 posts
Heating a house nr Los gallardos, almeria - 2 posts
el soto short course championships - 1 posts
golf tournament at el soto club de golf - 2 posts
Wood burning stoves - 2 posts
2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
Antiques for Sale - 0 posts
Christmas Shopping - 0 posts
Moving out early - 0 posts
help - 9 posts
Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x