fuel charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by hyundi Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

If we book flights for next year ie Jet 2 will they be able to charge extra fuel duty near the time ,there for once you have booked you will most likely  go any way

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Obviously you've not checked out their T&C, they say they can. I have & it says in here >> JET2 T&C ...

4.2 Taxes, fees and charges

Any taxes, fees and charges imposed by government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport and in effect on the date of travel, whether imposed directly on the passenger or payable by us on the passenger's behalf or in respect of the passenger's carriage, shall be payable by the passenger and are included in all published fare costs. A fuel supplement may also apply, in which case the full cost of the booking will be shown inclusive of this charge before you complete the booking. The taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date of issue of your itinerary/receipt. If there is any subsequent increase in a tax, fee or charge, you will be obliged to pay it. Likewise, if a new tax, fee or charge is imposed even after the date of issue or your itinerary/receipt, you will be obliged to pay it prior to departure. We reserve the right to require payment of the additional tax or charge applicable to your booking and to recover these by using the payment card advised at the time of making the flight booking. We will make reasonable efforts to contact you in advance to advise you of the payment due and approximate timescale for the deduction.

Conversely, if there is any reduction in tax, fee or charges levied and effective before the date of travel, we shall, on written request, refund you the full amount of that reduction in tax, fee or charges.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 9:02 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Isn't Jet2 the airline that boast off having 99p fares but once all charges have been added the charge adds up to £150.  If I have got the correct airline they have been charging for fuel charges for some time now.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 9:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Jet2 have levied a fuel surcharge for all of this year so far as I know, and I think for some of last year too. Just looking at flights for Xmas and hae seen that an extra £50 is added to the cost of the booking in fuel surcharges. Things like taxes that are government issued (such as the departure tax or whatever it is called) are compulsory for all, although some airlines swallowed the cost. I don't think fuel surcharges are increased after booking though as with the up/ down of oil prices, they would be changing the cost of your ticket every day.

Mark

edit:.

Fuel supplement - The difference between the market price for fuel in 2007 and the variable Jet2.com purchase price for 2008 and 2009.

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Few Household Things (moving back to UK) - 0 posts
SOMEONE PLS HELP ME IM DESPERATE! - 2 posts
earthquake - 21 posts
Delayed Completion - 2 posts
ADVERTS ON EYEONSPAIN - 1 posts
need somewhere to stay?? - 7 posts
advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts
Fortuna Golf Gardens, Murcia - 4 posts
Getting a phone lilne - 31 posts
Becky - 2 posts
Celebs........ - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x