Becky

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Colinbecky Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

Has anyone recently bought off Atlas International and would you recommend them.  We aim to buy a ready built property and not off plan.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi, well I wouldn't but some would, depending on your experiences.

I wouldn't think Atlas would be keen to sell you a resale as they're into the big commissions that off plan bring them. However, I know they do sell resales. 

If you're really keen on buying a resale tell us whereabouts & we'll recommend good agents who'll work hard to help you. Please be careful with the big agents these days. If you look at threads on the forum re Atlas you'll figure out why most wouldn't touch them.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 6:36 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I think that resales offer better value - especially if they are relatively modern.  They have had all the "snagging" done, and probably are fitted with all the mod cons - like grilles, air con etc.  Over there, like here, in England,  it seems you pay a "premium" on a property if you are the first one in.  Would agree with the comments about the company that is mentioned, as I've seen some of their agents at work!

When we were buying a place in Spain we shopped around quite a few agents.  I avoided the very pushy ones.  Mind you, I'm the same if I go into a shop over here and it has assistants that don't leave you alone after one polite refusal of their help!

Even when we had found an agent that we were happy with - one who took notice of our requirements and took us to the area where we wanted to buy - we still asked around as much as possible about them!!  Ever the cautious one!

The best of luck with your search - but not advisable to limit yourself to only one company - and if you don't know the area well do some touring before you see the agent so you have a good idea of the area where you want to end up and that it has all the facilities that you want

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Celebs........ - 0 posts
One phase completion + the new road - 2 posts
fuel pump - 3 posts
Refunds from Polaris World - 63 posts
New Spanish Law..postmen don't have to deliver? - 22 posts
Selling a business in tenerife - 0 posts
Post box - 1 posts
KItchens - 19 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca - 0 posts
Thinking about moving and working in Spain - 2 posts
Wanted to rent Villa Oct - Mar or may buy - 10 posts
Why Do We Still Want To Buy In Spain ??? - 15 posts
Where can I buy this to fix my pool? - 0 posts
When are the fiestas in Quesada and Formentera del segura - 4 posts
Vocabulary.. clever site, very extensive, gives Spanish v English - 1 posts
Ben Hale - 0 posts
Working together as a community - 2 posts
long term let wanted - 1 posts
Look at this little fella!! - 17 posts
Anyone a member of The National Trust ? - 0 posts
Any terrible experiences with furniture suppliers? - 2 posts
Smoking in pool area - 2 posts
Ford Windstar ´98 V6 modified for wheelchair access - 0 posts
Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter - 3 posts
Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x