Information, please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Can anybody please tell me, after all the dust has settled and I am in receipt of the Escratura proper and the Cedula de Habitabilidad, have lived here for four years, etc., etc., how important is the Copia Simple now?

I have been told that it was only used to get utilities connected and to see everything was free from any debts? If it is still important, what can I do to get another copy?

I ask because, stupidly, rather than get fotocopies, I sent the original to a Government office in Madrid as proof of my address, as part of a passport application for my wife.

I hope it will be returned  but these things seem to take forever (two years at the moment). When we phone to check progress, we are told things are "in hand" but no further information is known and contact with the particular section is not possible!

Thank you in advance to anybody that can give any information.

pilgrim

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 10:18 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Pilgrim,

I don't think the Copia Simple is that important now as you have the full Escritura, as the Copia Simple is just an 'abridged' version of the Escritura, and as you said, they just use it to get the utility services, etc.

In order to get a copy, hmm, well you won't be able to get a copy, you might be able to get a new original from your local town hall or indeed the registry where you completed, but at what cost, I don't know.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 11:37 AM by jewels50 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

jewels50´s avatar
Hi Pilgrim,

If the mainland is the same as Tenerife,you should be able to get a copy from the notary where you signed.Good Luck,still counting down.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 1:08 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I got one six months after we bought the house to make sure it was free and clear in our names.

I paid 2 euros at the town hall and they ran me a new one off on the spot.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 6:33 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Laury,

thank you and also the other "guys" that posted a helpful reply to my request re. the Copia Simple.

I appreciate it.

What a great Forum this is!!

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Martinsa-Fadesa - 1 posts
lights - 4 posts
Tonight with Trevor Macdonald - 11 posts
Marbella Occupancy Licences - 0 posts
Beginners on Renting!! - 1 posts
Screwed by a Brit - 64 posts
A new beginning (here's hoping !) - 2 posts
Which Removal Company? - 4 posts
Hoax Virus E-Mail Message - 3 posts
Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x