Tonight with Trevor Macdonald

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by nickdavidson Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

A certain infamous estate agent is making a guest appearance tonight on ITV.

Not mentioning the name of said agent...... but Begorrah he's going to be upset.....

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 6:09 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
I assume you mean someone on the Spanish end?

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 6:31 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Do you mean:

ITV 8pm Holiday Homes Hard Sell: Tonight

With:

Jonathan Maitland

I suppose it will be ANOTHER stab at the Spanish housing market, and will be widely inaccurate as it will only feature a handful of buyers who have been unfortunate enough to go into this market  WITHOUT doing any research.

Then again, I could be wrong, so will watch it and see!

There's an old saying:

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 8:08 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Ah! I take it ALL back!!!!

It's all about MRI and other similar firms, which push the fabled 'guaranteed rental income' which we all know is RUBBISH!!!!!

These sort of COWBOY real estate companies are the Spanish Housing Markets equivlent of the Time Share wasters that we ALL LOVE TO HATE!!!!

In which case, it's good that they are doing this sort of expo.

The more like this, the better and we MAY get rid of those who need to go, because they are giving the Spanish Housing Market a bad name!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 7/28/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 8:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Well, that wasn't so bad.  Maybe they're running out of bad stories to tell.  OK, the guy in Marina D'or might not get the golf courses on hand so will cut the rentals down.  I've said it before, never believe what the agent tells you is going to be there, look at the infrastructure in place first.  Shades of "CostaDisney" come to mind.  Anyone who believes an agent that the rentals will cover the mortgage should go on sites like this.  OK, some people are lucky but a quick look at the amount of property in the area, googling rentals in Spains which comes up with mega millions of sites and simply asking people with property in the area should point people in the right direction.  Fact, there are far too many properties available to guarantee any rental period, especially for the 10 months a year the MRI rep quoted.
You are going to need something very special to be able to rent for a long period, detached property with free form swimming pools in walking distance of bars and clubs where the noise doesn't carry and a short stroll to the beach for 75 euros a month come to mind.  I would also suggest that these types of property are pretty few and far between.
The rest was about Bulgaria.  Cheap property, some of it looked very nice.  Rental market?  I doubt there is much of a call for family holidays in that area but each to their own.
Anyway, they all had nice property, nothing illegal about them, quite well built (thought the apartment on Marina D'or was a bit overpriced) and surely there are plenty of golf courses on the Costa Blanca to choose from, anyhow.  Anyone who can read a newspaper or turn the telly on should have realised that, nowadays, the buy to let and buy to make a quick profit days are over  for the time being.  Wish I could forecast how it was all going to go in the future but then, I'm not much good at forecasting the lottery numbers either.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 9:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Another groundbreaking,incisive piece of journalistic genius.
I was amazed to find out thuat MRI tell porkies and hard sell!!!!!!!!! and there is an oversupply in Bulgaria,well i never!!!!!!
It seems like every time Jonathan Maitland fancies a break, good old uncle trevor packs him off to foreign shores to tell everyone what they already know!!
what have we learned tonight children,yeah,nothing,complete waste of airtime...........

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 10:55 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to  agree nothing we do not already know.   But if I had not found this forum  I might have been very ignorant of everything that is going on, it has been so full of information good and bad.    Pat

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 12:30 AM by Pedroinspain Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Don't be so dismissive of this program,

There are still people out there who can be sucked into the schemes which certain "unscrupulous" agents are still peddalling!

This information needs to be shared on this, and other websites. How else will these companies survive?

Information is power!

In the right hands it is a force to be reckoned with!!!

Go to it Sir Trev!!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 9:29 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Pedroinspain,

We DON'T want companies such as MRI to survive!

They are a bunch of wasters, as are Andalucian Dream Homes, and you can quote me on that!!!

Unfortunately we started talking to both of them 2 years back, and I must admit the hard sell nearly put us off Spain for good, not to mention all the rubbish both of them were feeding us about 'guaranteed rental income'.

I agree, the program was informative for those that are naive about these sort of tactics, however after years of hearing about the sort of tactics the Timeshare companies used, who now call themselves 'Holiday Ownership' companies, people shouldn't be so naive and gullible.

As you said, Information is Power, and if you get hard sell, walk away and think about it. Ask other people for their input.

That's what this program SHOULD have proposed last night, instead they used the same tactics as other 'Tonight' programs and just over sensationalised the obvious and offered absolutely NO ADVICE to anybody in the same predicament!

In other words ..... GLORY HUNTING!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 10:22 AM by exredhothomes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone post a link or has anyone downloaded ?
I live outside Uk and you cant watch on C4 website as it blocks your IP address

Regards

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 6:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I tried You Tube as often things crop up on there but no amount of Googling would give me anything except THIS

Just thought you'd enjoy knowing that.  

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 1:52 PM by exredhothomes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Very helpfull thankyou
I must admit i like your humour made me laugh

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marbella Occupancy Licences - 0 posts
Beginners on Renting!! - 1 posts
Screwed by a Brit - 64 posts
A new beginning (here's hoping !) - 2 posts
Which Removal Company? - 4 posts
Hoax Virus E-Mail Message - 3 posts
Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts
Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x