Hoax Virus E-Mail Message

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi All,

Today I received an e-mail from a freind infroming me that there's a 'Big Virus Coming' and it's in the shape of a 'Postcard'.

THIS IS A HOAX MESSAGE, AND THE LINK IN THE MESSAGE ITSELF COULD CONTAIN THE VIRUS!!!

If you get this message, IGNORE IT and contact the person who sent it to you.

The following is an extract from the e-mail:

Subject: FW: VERY IMPORTANT - BIG VIRUS COMING !!! PLEASE READ & FORWARD!!
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:25:17 +0000

Subject: VERY  IMPORTANT - BIG VIRUS COMING !!! PLEASE READ & FORWARD  !!!  
          http:// LINK REMOVED
  Hi All, I checked with  Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!  
  I checked Snopes (URL  above:), and it is for real!!  
  Get this E-mail message  sent around to your contacts ASAP.  
  PLEASE FORWARD THIS  WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!  
  You should  be alert during the next few days. Do not open any  message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM  HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to  you.
  It is a  virus which opens A POSTCARD  IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C  of your computer.
  This virus  will be received from someone who has your
e-mail address in his/her  contact list.
  This is the  reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better  to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.  
  If you  receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do  not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.  
  This is the  worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the  most destructive virus ever.  
  This virus  was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this  kind of virus.
  This virus  simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital  information is kept.
  COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND  SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL  BENEFIT ALL OF US  
  Snopes lists all the  names it could come  in. 

AGAIN, THIS IS A HOAX MESSAGE, AND THE LINK IN THE MESSAGE ITSELF COULD CONTAIN THE VIRUS!!!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 7/28/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 11:40 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Take a look at these two links:

community.norton.com/norton/board/message

and:

www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp

BOTH show that this is a Hoax, as the Virus itself has been around since early 2001 - we are in 2008 - that's why the 'Threat Level' is LOW.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 7/28/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 11:44 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
This Hoax Virus E-mail was discovered in early 2006.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 3:26 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
One to watch for comes in the form of a mail supposedly from HM customs .They say theyare holding a parcel for you.This one is very vicious,do not open under any circumstances.I believe there is a similar one supposedly from UPS. If you do open by mistake do NOT try to use the "Windows Security" scan that is offered.If you do it will tell you that you have to pay $29 to clean your pc but if you buy they have your card details and will try to withdraw large sums very quickly , before you have time to put a stop on it.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts
Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x