Castilla la Mancha

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2008 3:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
What a FANTASTIC looking hotel the Cenaja is ! I see on its website it says September Monday to Thursday accommodation is free ( no free paper adverts needed) as long as you pay min 23€ dinner each & 9€ breakfast each. Worth it to stay in such beautiful surroundings. Do check out the gallery, pictures are amazing. No wonder you love that area so much, Ricman.

We've looked on the map we have as it says address of hotel is Dam of Cenajo. 30440 MORATALLA. 30440. Murcia.
Directions from Alicante (we're just outside Guardamar so not as far as 170 kms )  From Alicante:
Autovía dirección Murcia – autovía Albacete y salida 63 Hellín Sur – Isso – Pantano del Cenajo: 170 km. Highway direction Murcia - Albacete and highway exit 63 South Hellín - Isso - Swamp of Cenajo: 170 km. 

Thinking of taking your advice & having 2 nights at hotel in September, muchos gracias senor Ricman.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/5/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 9:31 AM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado, glad you  like the look of the area.  We will give you other directions to the Cenajo taking in the scenic route and other lakes, rivers and little viillages where you can get good Spanish food for 8 euros for menu del dia.  Good idea to stay a few days there are so many beautiful areas to visit within an easy drive from the hotel.  Plus we have details of other rural cottages which we have also used for weekend breaks.  From the coast it takes approx  one and a half hours to the Camarillas lake and then approx 30 mins scenic drive to the Cenajo dam, the colour of the water in the dam is an amazing aqua blue, always reminds me of  the sea in the far east !!  Dont let the time scale for the journey put you off, it is well worth the effort, the first hour of the journey is on very good motorway links  A7 and the A30.   It is also possible to do the trip in just a day as well and still have plenty of time to experience what the area has to offer !!

Ricman

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 1:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Rickman

Just wanted to tell you we have booked for two nights half board at the CENAJO HOTEL mid September, as you suggested, no money upfront 100% on departure. (I've been emailing the hotel & all confirmed).

What a wonderful few days we're going to have exploring that area. 

You said "We will give you other directions to the Cenajo taking in the scenic route and other lakes, rivers and little viillages where you can get good Spanish food for 8 euros for menu del dia."

Actually, we've taken the free room but paying 23€ dinner plus 9€ breakfast option. Won't have room for a MDD.

Please do post further now. Thanks. 

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 1:25 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

11 Aug 2008 1:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Have PM you back.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 2:09 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

You too little flirts!

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 2:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:00 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado,  have PM you the details as promised.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Ricman, received & understood, thanks.  (That's for Alamred's wondering mind).

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:06 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do 

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:42 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Have you been anywhere yet?
Or is this thread a PM one?

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Dennis, I'll leave it to Ricman to post further info, it's his baby. Our PMs are private but he knows sometimes mine go straight into my read box & he didn't want me to miss seeing it. That's why we have told each other in here that we have sent a PM & have answered.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 8:11 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hi Dennis,  we have given Morerosado directions to the Cenajo Hotel via a scenic route rather than staying on the main roads, we look forward to hearing her comments next month on the route suggested, its a bit long winded to post on here but we are more than happy to PM anyone that maybe interested in getting off the beaten track. We are currently visiting other areas in the Castilla la Mancha region collecting tourist information for our own clients and those of you on EOS who fancy exploring inland.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 6:27 PM by vakantiereizenspanje Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hello fooks,

I've a tip about the area in question: the thermic baths of balneario archena northwest of Murcia. Its has a victorian setting with a very nice countryside at the river.

It's a very nice area, als to buy propery.
Nice time there!

Goodbye Bas

webmaster:

vakantiereizenspanje. nl

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 5:32 PM by Chingo Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi, Ricman thanks for all the info on the area, spent a few days last week discovering the area around the cenejo hotel, hellin and albacete, fantastic scenery and well worth the effort. Some great walks and picnic areas not far from the hotel. Albacete made a nice change from Alicante and Murcia for shopping, a nice new El Corte Ingles for the ladies, and if you go there between 2 and 4 on a Saturday it was almost empty. Although I would say it is best to stay in the area for a few days to explore, you could visit the lakes on a day trip from the coast but it would not really give you enough time to enjoy what the area has to offer.  Chingo

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 9:12 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

If you would like to venture a bit more into La Mancha, in Almagro (Ciudad Real province) is the oldest medieval theatre, Valdepenas has a very good wine a par with Rioja and Puertollano has a mining museum and you can go down into the mine, also here there is a station for the fast train "AVE" which takes you to Sevilla in 2 hours  and now I believe gets down to Malaga. In this area you have plenty of manchego cheese and other traditional dishes like "pisto". Spain is large and varied, enjoy!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Although I have quite rightly thanked Ricman privately for such a wonderful itinery to follow, which we did..to the letter.. I thought it was a shame not to post a flavour of where we went by way of photographs so enjoy please.

You can see the Cenajo hotel in the pines if you look for gold buildings in distance shots.

View from our room below towards the dam & tunnel. The cross on the hill is to commemorate the lives of the workers who lost their lives constructing the dam.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 6:50 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
We went there a couple of years ago.................they do a good deal....................free bed but you have to pay for your food, which is excellent.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyer sought for Aguilas area - 2 posts
am i Nuts (want to buy) in Spain ? - 20 posts
Spanish post office any good? - 0 posts
Property Sharing - 0 posts
Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada?? - 4 posts
Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts
AVG E-mail Scanner program - 5 posts
Anyone use Digg or Stumbleupon? - 2 posts
A HAPPY THREAD - NO DOOM, GLOOM OR CREDIT CRUNCH MENTIONED! - 172 posts
Paying a Spanish Fine in England - 2 posts
retiring to jar de cope - 4 posts
Acquiring a mortgage. - 1 posts
Garrucha fun fair - 9 posts
Can I afford to live in Spain - Serious question - 76 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month Torrevieja or surrounding €100 a week - 0 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month rental required Torrevieja area - €100 per week - 0 posts
Savings on shopping - 14 posts
GoGo's Crazy Bones?? - 1 posts
Totally Torrevieja - 1 posts
Another building giant crisis hits Costa Blanca - 7 posts
All MAR MENOR (Costa Calida) general info. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x