Claiming disability benefits in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar
Im sorry if I have missed a previous thread for my topic as Im sure what I am about to say has happened to others.
My wife and I retired in February this year and we moved out to Spain in March to stay with some friends whilst we decide if we want to live here or not.
Im all for it but my wife has had a bad start,apart from missing the kids and grandchildren,she lost her mother last month,so she has returned home twice since we have been here.
She is in receipt of a disability benefit and incapacity allowance and has been receiving since approx November last year.
Last week my daughter rang from the UK to say an investigator from the Fraud Section had visited the house and wanted my wife to make contact.
She did forthwith and made no secret where we were.He told her that she should have told them she was abroad and they may stop her benefits pending an enquiry,as they may stop after 6 months anyway.
My wife never had any intention of claiming anything she was not entitled to,surley there must be thousands of folk out here in receipt of these benefits and living/staying in Spain.
Can anyone offer any advice or tell us where she went wrong,she has sent a letter explaining everything but is now worried to death.
Her G.P. told her to go to Spain as the weather would probably do her condition some good and to this end,it has.
I have now located a property and we shall probably settle down here on a long term rental basis but we are very keen to sort this mess out.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 8:09 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
For advice and information on benefits for people living overseas you can call The International Pension Centre on +44[0]191 218 7777
Or contact Dep of Work & Pensions via www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/contact

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Justin, all ... what name you suggest? - 1 posts
Recommendation... - 4 posts
Off to Malaga - 23 posts
olélegalhelp - 13 posts
Exercise................................. - 4 posts
Birthday cakes Costa Blanca. - 18 posts
anyone know what this is? - 3 posts
spanish reg seat Ibeza 1.2 for sale in uk - 3 posts
Passengers on scooters - 3 posts
moving with babies - 0 posts
Financial situation of a particular estate agent - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 0 posts
Ocean Symphony?? - 3 posts
Could this be the beginning of an "action group" - 0 posts
Jane - 9 posts
LHD BMW FOR SALE IN COSTA DEL SOL VERY LOW MILEAGE - 5 posts
polargmd its a 100% a rip off and illegal - 0 posts
Orthodontics Treatment for Children - 2 posts
Spanish Car for sale - 0 posts
Calling all you keen gardeners - growing a lemon tree on the balcony - 2 posts
Torrevieja villa 23rd - 28th Sept wanted - 0 posts
Assistance Required - 5 posts
Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x