mijas11 development BUENAVISTA MIJAS (OVP)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by eltonia Star rating. 47 posts Send private message

can anyone help out there?surely we cannot be the only people who bought on this development at buena vista mijas, just a couple of km from the little spaninsh town.Nearly five years ago we handed over a hefty down payment,now this development has been been built but is now all fenced off and certainly overgrown,time and time again ,phone call after phone call we are being told that the problem lies with a problem with the drainage on the road ,but as the border between fuengirola and mijas goes through this area there are problems between the two town halls,how true this is we cant find out all we do know if that we have been awaiting the lfo now for nearly two years and this does not seem right to us.is there anyone out there that comes on to this forum that has any up to date news about this development,there a quite a lot of properties been built there so surely we are not the only family in this position.we do know that the developer is gestion deporte, and we were buying through ocean view properties who have informed us that all our deposit 1500000 eur has been handed over to  this developer.we also have a basic bank garauntee  that ovp have told us that this is now useless has the properties have been built !
can anyone out there please help or come up with anymore information.Our lawyer told us that normally they do not get involved till the very end so at present they cannot do anything,is this right also
all information would be gladly appreciated because i am sure after all this time we would be entitled to our full deposit back,as so many clauses have been broken.  Help please.!

eltonia

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 4:55 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I dont know the specific development nor who your lawyer is but they should be acting on your behalf. No doubt you have already paid them some of their fees and it is not simply their job to get involved at completion. They should be providing you with legal advice and explaining your situation to you.

Situations such as the one you explain can happen here in Spain although some action should be being taken between Mijas and Fuengirola Town Halls to get the situation resolved but if it is likley to be costly to either authority then they will try and push the problem in the others direction -. hence they end up spending more time arguing over responsibility rather than resolving the issue. For other buyers at this development have you checked the property forum?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 7:48 PM by avicola Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Removed at poster's request **

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 9:19 PM by avicola Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Removed at poster's request **

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 5:30 PM by Lestie Star rating in Tenerife. 2 posts Send private message

Lestie´s avatar
Hi,

I have also invested in this Development and I have the same problem as you. I think the time has come to do something about it. I have been told exactly the same as you and my Lawyer here in Tenerife where I live is checking it out for me.

Hopefully I will know more soon but he already said it is complicated!

If you want to communicate further I suggest going private, not to avoid using this very good forum, but to avoid a stir.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 3:17 PM by Laynie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

We invested with O.V.P.as well no property on money and they have now gone bankrupt surprise surprise!

I 'm not sure that everyone knows that questions have been asked in Parliment If you look on Norman Baker Lib for Lewes you should get the page I think that every one needs to make a formal complaint to the Burton on Trent Police about the activities

of this company its directors owners and anyone who gave financial advise,on this adventure and was working on the front line.l

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 6:38 PM by lawfirminspain.com Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Dear all

I understood that the development is delayd,  has no LPO and the developer is not OVP.

The only solution is to try to use the bank guarantee and sue the developer because of the delay.

In spite of the developer did not receive the funds they are liable.

If you have any query please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

José Ramón Gutiérrez Giménez

Abogado / Lawyer

Registered in the Bar Association of Malaga ( 6182)

C/ Alonso de Bazan 3 2º C, 29660 Marbella ( Malaga)

0034 952771938

0034 699794751

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 6:59 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

Anyone having problems with an existing bank guarantee please take a look at: 

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/spanishbankguarantees.html 

and if it's appropriate for your situation add your signatures to this web-petition.  It will be sent to  the Governor of the Bank of Spain on 31 January.  Thank you.

ruth

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

grace period for mortgage defaulters - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Ethical Code for Local Councils - 2 posts
Winter flights - 19 posts
Playa Blanca - Lanzarote - 0 posts
electrics - 6 posts
Did developer make changes? Compensation-Cancellation - 3 posts
'Entidad Urbanistica' - 1 posts
La Zenia - 0 posts
Looking for Long Term Let - 2 posts
EOS mini convention on Costa Blanca !! - 25 posts
What is the longest long term rent commonly available? - 4 posts
stitched up tight can we cancel the contract? - 1 posts
Easy Jet credit card - 6 posts
Hi - new to Alfaix- near Los Gallardos - 3 posts
window security grills help - 4 posts
Off-plan delays - 21 posts
Extra tax for those who live on Duquesa Monte - 1 posts
Barbecue Ideas - 12 posts
Electricity switchover - 1 posts
Seat belts, booster seats etc for children ? - 6 posts
Water condition in Marbella - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
Someone stealing electricity: how to get Sevillana to help? - 6 posts
mortgages - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x