Anyone living or working in Gibraltar???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
As the title says! lol

We are eager to find people to speak to who are living or working (or both!) in gibraltar, as this is our plan in early 09, and wanting to pick your brains!!

plz feel free to PM us if you want  with any info you may be able to give.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

L&C

Like 0      
03 Sep 2008 3:23 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Hi L&C
I work in Gibraltar and my OH has had his business there for 25 years - what is it you wanted to know?
I will give all the advice and assistance I can -  feel free to just ask and pick at my brains...

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 4:02 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Hi!!

Well, basically we were wanting to know what the likelyhood of finding work over there is? and the average salary? 

We are also coming over in October and are wondering where is the best place to stay for about 4 nights? Cheap n cheerful is fine. 

xx

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 8:37 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Hiya!
Sorry I've not replied for a few days... 'been a little busy!
I don't think there is an average wage in Gib - it depends on what kind of work you will be looking for. There is a minimum wage, although I'm not sure what this is, I believe it's lower than UK.
It's not as easy to find work in Gib as it used to be - but the first thing I would say is that you have to be here and living here (or have use of a Spanish/Gib address) before any employers or agencies will take you seriously.
You should also know that unless you have a job/full time employment with a contract you cannot look at the vacancies in the job centre! How stupid is that? 
But there are opportunities for everyone, so if you want to make the move don't let anything put you off!
Have you been to Gib before? This quite an important question!!
With regards to your stay in October do you want to stay in Gib or in Spain? I can find out hotel/hostel prices for you, and let you know what they look like etc... there are only a couple of cheap and cheerful hotels in Gib (I've stayed in one more than once and it served it's purpose fine) - most of them are 4 or 5* and very expensive! But Gib is very safe - theres hardly any crime, which is not the case in La Linea just over the border ... you need to keep your wits about you there, although it is a great city with lots of nightlife etc and lots of ex-pats live there.
Anyway, if you are thinking of moving over you will have no problem finding accommdation on a long term basis - right now is definitely a good time - there are lots to choose from in Spain and at very reasonable prices.
If you want any more info just ask away (I hope I will have the answers and can help you!). You can also pm me if you want...
x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mijas11 development BUENAVISTA MIJAS (OVP) - 7 posts
grace period for mortgage defaulters - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Ethical Code for Local Councils - 2 posts
Winter flights - 19 posts
Playa Blanca - Lanzarote - 0 posts
electrics - 6 posts
Did developer make changes? Compensation-Cancellation - 3 posts
'Entidad Urbanistica' - 1 posts
La Zenia - 0 posts
Looking for Long Term Let - 2 posts
EOS mini convention on Costa Blanca !! - 25 posts
What is the longest long term rent commonly available? - 4 posts
stitched up tight can we cancel the contract? - 1 posts
Easy Jet credit card - 6 posts
Hi - new to Alfaix- near Los Gallardos - 3 posts
window security grills help - 4 posts
Off-plan delays - 21 posts
Extra tax for those who live on Duquesa Monte - 1 posts
Barbecue Ideas - 12 posts
Electricity switchover - 1 posts
Seat belts, booster seats etc for children ? - 6 posts
Water condition in Marbella - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
Someone stealing electricity: how to get Sevillana to help? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x