elloooooo!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Hello all!

We are Luci & Col (bet you couldn't guess that from the username!!), and we decided we wanted to live in spain not so long ago. We stumbled across this v useful site whilst we were researching property to long term rent somewhere towards gibraltar. (obviously not IN gibraltar!! We aren't millionaires!! lol) so as to be close to somewhere we can both initially find work. (hopefully)

Anyway, its a real bonus to find somewhere like this that shares advice and you know you're getting real, honest opinions and stories. 

We're looking forward to learning about the moving experience and what we may need to plan for whilst we save like mad and look forward to making new friends with the same dream or have actually done it!!  

Luc & Col

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 8:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hola Luc & Col,
Well, you have found the right forum, so that's a good start.
You sound a really happy and jolly couple and I wish you well in your adventure.
Kind regards,
(edited cos I can't spell!!!)

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 6/17/2008.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 9:56 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
Hi Luci & Col,

We are buying an off-plan 4 bed appartment in Santa Margarita, which is about 5 miles from the gibraltar border. The original plan was to use it ourselves for holidays etc and possible holiday lets, but due to changed financial circumstances, we are now thinking that we may long term let it from the outset. The plan is to fully furnish the property and to offer it at a very competative rate to ensure we get it occupied.

Current expectations are that the property will be completed in the early part of 2009, although progress has been good recently and the Phase before us is just about to complete (4 months early !)

If you may be interested, let me know and I will send you some further info.

Regards

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 7:58 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Hi JJ

Initially, this seems a perfect opportunity for us and the location is excellent. After speaking to Colin about your reply we are both very interested to speak to you further on what sort of figure you are thinking to long term letting. When we say long term, we are thinking at least 12 months to start off with.

I have tried to PM you, but i don't think I have made enough posts to use it yet!!! I've asked for the permissions, so just waiting for a reply now.

We are looking forward to chatting with you!!!

L&C

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 8:00 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Thanks for the welcome and good wishes FibbyUK!!!

Looking forward to speaking soon! 

L&C

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:29 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
Hi L&C,

I've just sent you a PM with lots of info + some images etc. They seem to be all over the page.... not sure why ?

Also, not sure if it's only that you can't send PMs or that you cant receive either.

Anyway, let me know if you get it or not.

Cheers

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:46 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Hiya JJ,

I've just checked and i haven't got any messages so it must be completely restricted to us at the mo.

Will we be able to see anything of it in the off plan forums for now?

L&C

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:49 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
I'll copy the text into a new thread called "For L&C"... just give me a couple of minutes.

Not sure you will get the images though

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:52 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
OK, Done it.

The photos are there, but you have to slide to the right to see some of them

Cheers

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:53 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
Sorry, I should have said that it is in the Vista Hermosa Off Plan Development Forum

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 11:00 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi L&C

Welcome to the forum. I wish you well in your adventure in moving to Spain and hope you find somewhere you like very soon. After 12 months of planning we have finally sold our house and we moved here 5 weeks ago. We have settled in really quickly, already have lots of new friends and love living here.

One thing I would strongly recommend is that  you learn the language if you do not already speak Spanish. Now I am here, I wish I had put much more effort into learning to speak Spanish as this is the one thing that frustrates me at the moment, I am getting by, but it's a struggle when dealing with local councils, town halls etc. We have moved to an area that is predominantly Spanish speaking but as much as I try to practice my Spanish, the locals are equally keen to practice their english on us - so we find ourselves having really wierd conversations. 

This site was a terrific help to us and we have made some good friends. 

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 4:38 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar

Hiya J&N!

Firstly let me say well done on moving and making your dreams a reality! We are full of praise for people who take the risk to live the life they want rather than stick with the rainy, rip-off, 9-5 life that is britain! (yes we are sick of it here!! lol) I dont believe that if you are not happy with something then you should just put up with it, if there's something you can change to make it better then do it! I'm constantly excited now about the prospect of handing my notice in at work having saved all our pennies and finding somewhere to live over there and just doing it!!! I would count how many sleeps there are but not having a date yet its aggrivating me not knowing!! lol.

We are doing our spanish practice in bits and pieces, but often we are too frazzled by the working day to actually take it in in the evening! But we are doing our best and i think are getting a good basic grasp on the language for the time we've been practicing! Every little helps eh...? lol.

Thanks for the welcome, and we wish you all the best! 

L&C 

Like 0      
22 Jun 2008 12:58 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi Luci and Col and welcome to your new life, which I am sure you will really enjoy.

For yourselves and others keen to learn Spanish there is a very humorous and clever book by Linda Hall de Gonzales, who is English, married to a Spaniard. It really helps with the idiomatic stuff and with things like the difference between 'ser' and 'estar, in a way that makes it easy and fun to absorb.

Good luck!
Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 9:40 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi,

I might have a look at that myself, is it called Expand your Spanish?

I'm about to start having lessons as even though I am in Spain, I'm still finding it really difficult to progress with my Spanish. We've moved to an area that is predominantly Spanish but where there are more and more english moving in all the time - and so all the Spanish are wanting to improve their english and as soon as they realise I'm English, that's the end of me practising my Spanish.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 10:12 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
Hi Jacqui
Yes it is called Expand Your Spanish - sorry forgot to say!!
Indeed it is a struggle to get those Spanish who want to practice their English to speak to you in Spanish and you have to be pretty persistent.  In some banks they are told to speak in English to their English customers and that really irritates me.  However if you ask them to speak to you in Spanish and explain that you really want to practice, you will find that most of them will respond positively.  I think they are so used to most people not wanting to make the effort that they assume that everyone is the same.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:32 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Thanks for that Jane, I hadn't thought about it like that. 

Note to self: learn the Spanish for - I only want to speak in Spanish please.

Another note to self: learn the Spanish for 'now I am struggling, can we revert to english please, no really.

Jacqui

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:43 PM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
I've recently learned that nintendo DS now have released a "game" that will teach you spanish. You type in excactly what you want to say and it will convert it for you and say it so you can repeat it and learn pronunciaion (can't spell that!!) 

I'm deff thinking of investing in one now!!! lol

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 4:58 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
Well, it may work....   Forgive my scepticism but if it is as good as most online translators then it will be about as much real use as a chocolate fireguard...

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 11:24 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
I've had this for a few months and it's quite useful for learning various words and very handy to carry around in your handbag, especially around shops & supermarkets etc when trying to work ot what you are buying or need help in asking for help.

The games are quite entertaining in a simple way (more games open up the more lessons you complete) and it's surprising how many words have stuck in my mind so that when I see them I can stand a chance of understanding what I am reading. It has helped us avoid buying food items that have things in them that we don't like.

Jacqui

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cortes de Baza or Baza - 3 posts
Photos of model Royal Dream - 1 posts
Two 3ft single divan beds for sale - 0 posts
Another Mayor in Jail - 1 posts
Abusive Contract Clauses - 1 posts
residental caravan parks - 0 posts
Should we /should'nt we - 18 posts
beano - 2 posts
Anyone recomend a car dealer Cosat Calida/Murcia/South Costs Blanca - 0 posts
contract changes pre completion - 4 posts
Hello.. to all... - 4 posts
meeson villa salada - 1 posts
WANTED: PROPERTY IN COSTA DEL SOL (MARBELLA, FUENGIROLA OR BENALMADENA) - 15 posts
Whats the problem? - 2 posts
looking good - 4 posts
Power of Attorney - 0 posts
Euro 2008 - 34 posts
TDT - 2 posts
mijas - 12 posts
ice cream business? - 5 posts
Update Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Please can someone give me directions to Lo Crispin??? - 2 posts
Court case re Palmera Properties, Grupo Mirador and associated developers - 6 posts
I NEED A MOBILE MOPED MECHANIC! - 0 posts
Can Anyone Recommend a Good Property Management Company for the Calahonda Area. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x