help i`m new !!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by roan Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi, i was to move out to spain this year with my family and my sisters family to alhaurin el grande. they where lucky in that they have just sold thier house and are moving on sunday. we have taken cold feet because of talk of the recession efecting all over. giving up a realy good job and renting our house only enables us to take money if we up our mortgage because we can`t sell. do we stay behind broken hearted or do we gamble. please give us your advice .thankyou

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 12:58 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
I think all you can expect from EOS members is their own opinions which may all differ.

I think you need to think about how you would feed your family. Are you certain you can get a job in Spain if you need to work? Do you speak Spanish? 

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep trying to sell here and prepare myself and the family for a life in Spain and that's exactly what my partner and I are doing now, although we don't have any dependents.

Good luck with your decision, but you are the only ones that can make it.

Irene

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 3:36 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Roan,

I would advise you to hold on to your job and sit tight for the rest of the year.

Visit your sisters after they have settled in in Spain.  After a few months you will see if it is working for them. They may open up a few channels for work opportunities for you.

Now is not a good time to sell your house in the UK and by taking out a higher mortgage for your purchase in Spain you will be paying the highest interest rates seen for years.

No need to hurry, just monitor your sisters progress before you take the plunge.

Only my opinion though

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 7:52 PM by roan Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thanks for prompt replies taking your advice on board hard to accept that they will be out there but hopefully it will open doors for us.........

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New members - 4 posts
Did I or what????????? - 9 posts
Hello Everyone... Urgent Advice Needed for a New member Please - 4 posts
Is it better to lose my 6,000 Euro deposit than to buy during this credit crunch? - 40 posts
Help with blog editing please........ - 2 posts
elloooooo!! - 18 posts
Cortes de Baza or Baza - 3 posts
Photos of model Royal Dream - 1 posts
Two 3ft single divan beds for sale - 0 posts
Another Mayor in Jail - 1 posts
Abusive Contract Clauses - 1 posts
residental caravan parks - 0 posts
Should we /should'nt we - 18 posts
beano - 2 posts
Anyone recomend a car dealer Cosat Calida/Murcia/South Costs Blanca - 0 posts
contract changes pre completion - 4 posts
Hello.. to all... - 4 posts
meeson villa salada - 1 posts
WANTED: PROPERTY IN COSTA DEL SOL (MARBELLA, FUENGIROLA OR BENALMADENA) - 15 posts
Whats the problem? - 2 posts
looking good - 4 posts
Power of Attorney - 0 posts
Euro 2008 - 34 posts
TDT - 2 posts
mijas - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x