Budapest....................

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Last night 8 of us went to celebrate our friend's birthday at Budapest. We booked a couple of weeks ago.
When we were seated and had looked at the wine list, we were told we could have a glass of red wine, but had to buy a bottle of white wine. Since only one of us ( me ) wanted white wine, it was a non starter. So............I had red.
Next, a waiter appeared with the extensive menu. He told us that as the restaurant was busy, if one of us wanted to order fish, the rest of us must have the same. He said we could not order 8 different dishes.
I asked him why they had an extensive menu if we couldn't order from it. He told me it was because they were busy.
I told him if we couldn't order what we wanted we would take our custom elsewhere. He left our table and another, more accomodating waiter appeared.
WHEN we got our meal................it was ok, picture book food but NICE, not great, but nice. 
Spoiled a bit for me tho, cos I spent the evening wondering if the origional waiter had spitted in my food.
Nice food, nice decor ( bit over the top ), rotten service and expensive.

edited to correct spelling !!      

This message was last edited by Karensun on 6/1/2008.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 6:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well, first of all, Karen, I'm sorry you had such an experience at Budapest, that's inexcusable. Think I would've walked out & gone Chinese.

For those who don't know about Budapest, it's a Hungarian (no-o-o-o-o) restaurant near Guardamar on the CB. For locals like me it's along from our urb.

We went with four friends three years ago for their lunchtime MDD (normal expensive menu in evenings) which was ok but very small portions & we were all hungry afterwards. Two of our friends were enormous eaters & I felt awful for them, especially as they had told us they couldn't afford to come but as we really wanted them to be with us, we coughed up the 20€ extra for their meal. (Don't even think of trying that one on, Karen, we've cut that out !!)

I've heard great reports however if you go in the evening but it seems they are losing their touch from what Karen has posted.

What did you have & how much roughly was it ? I've heard their wine is very expensive. 

Personally, I'd choose a little restaurant on outskirts of Torrevieja called El Berliner, Calle Orihuela. It's German (another no-o-o-o-o) & they were doing quite a decent evening MDD for under 10€ including the obligatory half bottle of wine each  in December when four of us went.  Tel: 965 718 800 It was busy & we had booked. The food other than the MDD meal looked fantastic. Will definitely return month.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 8:00 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Don't know exactly how much it all came to More, but my steak was 15.95€ and the pud was about 6€ and wine 19€ a bottle.........................so NOT cheap and really NOT good enough to be so expensive.
Been to the one you mentioned, really good.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving costs - 2 posts
Indulge me... Jodie is Nancy...yessssssssssssssssssssss - 18 posts
have a look - 3 posts
What do i need to do before being allowed to take my Rottweiler into Spain - 10 posts
Taking my 2 dogs, 1 parrot a snake and a lizard to Alicante - 32 posts
EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc) - 20 posts
one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts
Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts
LHD Conversion - 13 posts
Extending mortguage period - Cam bank - 5 posts
Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x