What do i need to do before being allowed to take my Rottweiler into Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2008 12:00 AM by teekapoo Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Has anyone on here taken a Rottie into Spain, if so what did you have to do first? After reading the thing on dangerous dogs im starting to wonder if its a good idea to take him there, i mean what if i miss something by mistake will i get him taken from me?  

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 9:26 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Have you read the thread do not take your dog to Spain.

There's a reply there from someone who has a German Shepherd, you could try sending them a pm for information.  It's been a couple of months since they posted and they might be able to explain what needs to be done.

My reading of the information seems to point to you having to supply proof on your criminal history for the previous two years, perhaps they want to be assured of the reason why you want a dog that is generally regarded as a guard dog.

I owned a GSD for many years, she was a very gentle dog but when I took her to training classes there were many there who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them.  Speaking to the owners they were not bought from a reputable breeder, the dogs were very nervous and were difficult to control.  A case of bite first before you're bitten.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 9:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I have PM'd Teekapoo.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 10:09 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
I've only just seen this post!

Teekapoo,

How are you getting along?

We are also taking our Rotti to Spain and we are talking to our Lawyer, who's just completed on our property, in order to make sure EVERYTHING is done BEFORE we move.

Your Rotti will have to be Mircochipped, fully vaccinated and have a valid pet passport before you do anything else!

Again, it seems to be different areas have different legislation. Or maybe it's just that some areas are more slack than others when following the rules and regulations governing 'Dangerous Dogs'.

In any case, we are going to start a blog concerning Woofy and what's needed to protect him in Spain.

All I can say is this, if a local area doesn't 'require' something that the 'Dangerous Dog' act says is required, then GET IT DONE ANYWAY! That way, you know you dog is FULLY protected.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 10:41 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Techno

My friends live in La Marina on the CB & have an English bull Terrier, Badger, as daft a mutt as you'd find. Anyway, classed as a dangerous dog. 

Marion has a website for Badger & she gives lots of information regarding dangerous & potentially dangerous dogs also (at the bottom of the page) writes of all the things she had to do when trying to register Badger. I gave this info to teekapoo & you're welcome to it as it will interest you, I'm sure.

BADGER'S SITE / DANGEROUS DOGS IN SPAIN

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 10:59 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Thanks More,

Looking at Badgers site as we speak!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 1:56 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Great idea re Blog, I'm sure others will find it useful.

Did you also read "Do not take your dog to Spain" further down on this section.

Damok666 said he was also going to start registration details for his 8 month old Alsation but haven't heard anything since, may be worth posting a pm to him to find out how he's progressing.  Although as you're going to be in a different region in Spain it might not work out exactly the same.  As we all know it all depends on who you're speaking to at the time.  Good idea to take an interpreter with you especially as this is a new law so not everyone will understand how it's supposed to work.

Personally I think it's a good law and something which should also be adhered to overhere.  That way we can sort out the good owners from the bad.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 4:47 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Well, I talked to Tyler about starting a blog about his move to Spain, he was very excited and his stumpy little tail did wag so much, I thought it was going to fly off!

He's insisted however that he do it himself, in his own words.

I will have to translate and do the typing, as his paws are so big, he started smashing the keyboard!

He's having his late afternoon kip right now, however after he awakens from said and has his early evening walkies, and his owners return from the pub, he has said he will start his blog in earnest, starting from the beginning.

This is his blog address:

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/Tyler.aspx

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 5:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Techno, are you reading Brinkley's blog ? Tyler would enjoy reading it as Brinkley & Brandy, his brother, a couple of 7 - 8 month old Cavalier King Charles spaniels, are now living in Spain (Almeria) after driving there from the UK with their mummy (Jacqui of J&N on here) & their daddy, Neil a couple of months ago.

Jacqui's blog about moving to Spain
http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com/  read in conjunction with Brinkley's blog http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com/ 

The pups blog is SO HILARIOUS.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/25/2008.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 1:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Come on , I keep checking your blog & there's zilch to read.

Your parents cannot STILL be at the pub, it's 2pm next day !!!

TYLER'S BLOG HERE

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 2:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi More,

Tyler has asked me to say that just for you, he's posted his 1st entry into his blog.

He's now having his early afternoon kip, so he will add to it later.

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/Tyler.aspx

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 7/26/2008.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 7/26/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taking my 2 dogs, 1 parrot a snake and a lizard to Alicante - 32 posts
EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc) - 20 posts
one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts
Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts
LHD Conversion - 13 posts
Extending mortguage period - Cam bank - 5 posts
Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x