Apartment wanted for rent 24th July to 14th August - HELP!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2008 12:00 AM by WY507SA Star rating in Weymouth, Dorset. 2 posts Send private message

Hi
I have recently purchased an apartment on Dream Hills II just outside of Torrevieja.  The President  and committe members of our community have just introduced new rules for the pool area of no sun loungers.   Is this common practice in Spain as they have told us it is.   Any committee members out there or Presidents are your pool rules the same!!!!!!

Like 0      
25 May 2008 1:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sue & John, welcome to EOS forum.

I think it's up to your President about whether your community has sun beds in the communal pool area. If they told you it's "the norm in Spain" I think they're just saying that as it suits them to. 

On our community we have grass around the pool. Don't know what yours has. Personally I don't see what difference it'd make to our grass if we put a sunbed on or a towel to lie on. With our community I wouldn't be at all surprized if the President didn't put a sign up saying "DON'T WALK ON THE GRASS ". There's a rule about no drinks cans (because those little ring pulls get everywhere & are sharp too) or glass in the pool area. That's sensible. Karensun on here (her OH is their President) says you're not allowed food in the pool area though she's not on our community & our pool rules don't say that. That may be just her community. Anyway our President has invited all owners to a pool party June 27th. The way we feel about her & her committee we'll find something else to do. Our house almost faces the pool & sitting on our terrace, watching her & the committee who hate us for speaking out on things other owners just moan about behind the President's back, isn't an option !! It really takes the biscuit when other owners are so keen to allow others take flack over concerns which are theirs too. 

Anyway, I digress. Are you on the
DH's forum ? Are you on the owners one on EOS  ? Check these out, click purple links.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 May 2008 2:57 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Hi Sue & John

Welcome to your new home at Dream Hills 2 and also to the forum.  My partner was the President of our Urbanisation for the first three years and last December I was voted in for the job ( I stood in his place with the theory that I would not get as many physical and verbal threats as him as I am a woman!)

Our pool is walled/gated and we have a antilslipped tiles area around the pool, so ours maybe be a lot different from yours.  For the first two years owners used to bring their own loungers and parasols but as some own top floor apartments we (as in the President/Committee) were asked if it was possible to buy such items for use around the pool.  This suggestion, as all suggestions by owners do, went on the agenda to be voted on at  the A.G.M.  It was voted for by a large majority and the loungers and parasols were purchased and put in place by us.  What I am saying is that no President could (or should that be should, by what I am hearing) make such decisions by themselves, or with the Committee.  I suggest that you contact the President or the Administrator and see where the decision to ban sunloungers around the pool was mentioned in the minutes and the reasoning for it and by what majority the rule was passed. 
It could be that there is a valid reason for the banning of sunbeds.  We have several rules that are mainly common sense e.g. no glass or crockery - the pool would have to be drained if there was broken glass in it - nappies or suiltable swimwear for babies - we had an accident once and the pool had to close- no smoking - Spanish law  in a public place where children are admitted- No food - the cleaning up, fly, wasp and ant problems etc., 

If there is not a valid reason for this rule, and it was either brought in by a small majority or not voted on at all, then you should be able to have the subject added to the agenda at your next Annual General Meeting so that you and other owners can vote on it, and whether you want it to remain.  There is a forum for Dream Hills which Morerosado mentions iand has given you the link for.  If you registered you could ask your questions on there as well as here, although you will get  unbiased answers on this one from owners of properties on many different Communities

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Embargos on Motor Vehicles - 5 posts
IKEA furniture pricing in Spain/UK - 23 posts
Spain for Eurovision - 37 posts
LYNX JET, THE FUTURE FOR MALE TRAVEL - 2 posts
House and Pet Sitting - 0 posts
A&J Global Group S.L - 1 posts
Builders/ Developers ? - 0 posts
Spanish countryside experience - 2 posts
hello - 55 posts
Mobile phones - 12 posts
2 bed townhouse wanted in Torrevieja, long term - 7 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL IN TORREVIEJA - 0 posts
Moving In - 22 posts
nie address and telephone number - 1 posts
help - 1 posts
Endless internet search on agent ... - 23 posts
Hospitals - 0 posts
Savings account? - 6 posts
spanish lawyer in marbella - 0 posts
Just my take on the current property market... - 82 posts
ANYONE KNOW THE CHEAPEST LONG TERM CAR HIRE NEAR TORREVIEJA - 2 posts
Anyone out there at Fuentemar, Vera Playa - 8 posts
Easyjet £19.99 seats each way including taxes & charges. Go look at details. - 16 posts
Lonely Irish buyers.. - 7 posts
Rixxy's Clubs! - 31 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x