Medsea Properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2009 4:08 PM by LocationsinSpain Star rating in San Juan de los Terr.... 16 posts Send private message

LocationsinSpain´s avatar

Tony Gatehouse

CEO Medsea Estates

UK Address

13. Potters Place, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 2Pl Tel. 01403 252108

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=RH12+2Pl&n=10  Latest price for these properties (March 2008) was around £457,000

Anyone TV crews fancy giving him a visit???

Like 0      
24 May 2009 4:46 PM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Horsham.............I feel several large pots of paint and many  rotten eggs coming on !!!??? Anyone up for a group visit ?? Well worth a night in the cells !! One way of getting the story in the press a bit more quickly eh ??

This message was last edited by Click1958 on 24/05/2009.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 9:51 PM by GemmaP Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

In desperation for some contact details for someone at Italian Connections Properties we have stumbled across this forum and was hoping someone may be able to help us!
Following extensive research we decided to join with Medsea to buy our dream property in Bianco (Bella Vista II), in 2006. Well, we couldn't have chosen a worse company and have been experiencing problems ever since. In 2008, property development still pending, we received a letter outlining changes that had been made to the building plans of the appartment we had reserved. These extensive changes meant the apartment was no longer recognisable as the property we had paid a 50K Euro deposit on. So, unhappy with the current property on offer, Medsea - now operating under the name Italian Connections, offered us an different apartment on the Emerald Complex in Mandatoricco. We fell in love with this apartment and made the arrangements with Italian Connection to have the 50K Euro deposit transferred to the Emerald apartment. However, it has recently come to light that the builder is claiming he has not received the money and is no longer reserving the apartment for us. We are currently being represented by solicitors recommended by Medsea, with whom we are extremely disappointed regarding the service provided, and we are now trying to establish whom has our monies so we can get a full refund.
Anybody with any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received!

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 8:55 AM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

hello Gemma - join the gang ....a very big gang ! One thing to be grateful for is you are not alone but perhaps a website with a lot more information on it regarding Calabria properties and Italian connection and your solicitor in particular who is no doubt Giambrone & law is 'incalabria'  You will no doubt spend many many hours filtering your way through that site and find so many people in the same position . There is plenty of advice on there regarding action others have taken to date. I presume Bella Calabria may well have been involved in your purchase also ? ......You may well find out they were anyway ! We are currently working with a lawyer in Italy to recover our funds and will do whatever it takes or how ever long . Also have a complaint in to the Law society re the solicitor in the Uk and will in due course take an independent legal claim against him for negligence and possible fraud and we also have a lawyer in Spain working on the Medsea side of things ! So you have a lot ahead of you but one day at a time .....check out the inclabria  forum website.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 4:34 PM by FairTradeSpain Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Medsea have succeeded in preventing Karen Mulcahy and William Andrews, (former Medsea commercial managers), from claiming thousands in unpaid wages from the PLC. The two-day tribunal hearing in Bristol, Mulcahy & Andrews v Medsea PLC/SL ended on the first day, 26 October 2009. However, the pair have won their case against Medsea SL, the Spanish company group.

Despite a plethora of evidence to show Medsea promoting its group of Spanish companies under the PLC flagship, the ruling established that Mulcahy and Andrews had signed agreements with the Spanish companies and had no claim against the PLC. This will impact on dozens of small businesses and agents who were hoping that a win by these former employees would open the floodgates for claims for lost commissions against AIM PLC which Medsea PLC changed its name to early this year.

The court ruling does raise some serious questions about the role of PLCs. Are employees and people doing business with companies under a flagship PLC at risk?

Who can forget Medsea’s ‘Peace of Mind Charter’ agents were asked to deliver to their clients? Or the emails that implored us to promote Medsea as a PLC with the insignia of Medsea Group PLC on its publicity material? We were assured our commissions would be paid and our clients could buy safely through Medsea, simply because it was a PLC. In real terms, the companies just stopped paying commission to its agents and wages to its staff leaving them to fight for their redundancies in the courts while chairman, Tony Gatehouse and chief executive, Juan Carlos Rodriguez Martinez dodged questions about where the money was going and maintained promises for over a year that they were preparing a court case against Bella Calabria, the builder they claimed had stolen agents’ commissions. Meanwhile, Medsea’s group of Spanish companies dropped the PLC before changing its name from Medsea PLC to AIM PLC leaving Gatehouse and Martinez to collect hundreds of thousands in salaries before telling staff, agents and creditors the pot was empty.

But it’s not over yet. Spanish lawyer, Francisco David Perez Gimenez is now challenging Medsea’s lawyers with a string of allegations from former Medsea clients that monies have been lost or misappropriated. According to Gimenez, the matter could yet be settled in the Spanish criminal courts.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:00 PM by FairTradeSpain Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have today had communication with the Companies Investigation Branch (CIB) on my 5-page submission to them. I am prepared to fully co-operate with them in an investgation and am hopeful that they will be turning their attention to Gatehouse and the dealings of Medsea PLC (now AIM PLC). I'm also hopeful that the CIB will notify the Spanish and Italian police when they begin their investigation so that Medsea Group of companies in Spain and Bella Calabria SRL and Giambrone & Law are also investigated. (I understand lawyer David Perez is about to launch criminal action on behalf of some clients in Spain.) 

Companies Investigations Branch, 21 Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3SS enquiry@cib.gsi.gov.uk

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 3:38 PM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I am one of the clients of Senor Perez who is commencing criminal action. I go to see him in April to meet the team including the proposed barrister and to discuss the caseand approach to be taken, in  detail.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:37 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi click1958

Good luck to you.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 7:58 PM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Seriously hope he is put through the mill in court and hopefully ends up behind bars - my main aim. I am going to try and negotiate a deal with the press here over the case.....

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 7:43 AM by Lace Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

"I'm also hopeful that the CIB will notify the Spanish and Italian police when they begin their investigation so that Medsea Group of companies in Spain and Bella Calabria SRL and Giambrone & Law are also investigated"

FairTradeSpain, do you believe the actions of these parties are criminal?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 7:45 AM by Lace Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I'm also hopeful that the CIB will notify the Spanish and Italian police when they begin their investigation so that Medsea Group of companies in Spain and Bella Calabria SRL and Giambrone & Law are also investigated.

FairTradeSpain, do you believe the actions of Medsea etc are criminal ?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 3:19 PM by FairTradeSpain Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have been in talks with the Scottish Crime and Drugs Enforcement Agency (SCDEA) which communicates with partners in the UK and overseas. They have recently been successful in securing millions in laundered money from criminal businessmen. I would advise anyone to go to the police if you have lost money to assist in a much wider investigation. You will probably be told it's a civil matter, but don't be put off as it is now in the interests of cash-strapped European governments to be more vigilant in such matters. It is a complex web that has to be unravelled. AIM PLC, which Medsea PLC became after directors Gatehouse and Martinez failed to pay their staff redundancies, yet creamed off money for themselves before jumping ship, now appears to have been suspended by the Stock Exchange under Article 15. As someone who bought shares when it was Medsea told me: "This means even more money down the black hole as they deprove people of their shares!" As an interesting aside, clicking on AIM's corporate website goes to Medsea's pages. This same agency director told me: "I remember Tony Gatehouse putting his arm round my shoulder telling me my money would be well invested."

To help our ongoing investigation, were you ever told, as an agency, to accept cash payments paid in €500 notes? Can you corroborate evidence against Gatehouse and Martinez that they stashed money behind the polystyrene tiles of the accountants' office ceiling? Make contact with Victims of Medsea on Facebook.

This message was last edited by FairTradeSpain on 09/06/2010.

This message was last edited by FairTradeSpain on 09/06/2010.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2010 3:49 PM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hello everyone out there.

We are just about to bring our criminal action against Gatehouse in Spain. Papers have been pressented to court regarding our case are ready to be served but it appears Gatehouse  may have  'gone to ground' . Police will be involved now and I am confident he will ultimately be caught - what an unpleasant way to lead your life in its twilight years .........................'on the run Mr.Gatehouse' .................Anyone who can offer any leads re. his whereabouts please PM me. I have his UK and Spanish full addresses.

Thanks

Like 0      
24 Oct 2010 4:13 PM by FairTradeSpain Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

WANTED: ANTHONY GATEHOUSE

Great news! This is what a lot of people have been waiting a very long time to hear. It should be made clear that this action is regarding clients' money and not the recovery of lost commissions or unpaid wages and redundancies.

I'll get a picture up of Tony Gatehouse on the Victims of Medsea Facebook page.

Spain, England, Ireland or the Dominican Republic, we WILL track him down. This is the time for clients to be going to the police as they will be more willing to act once it has reached this stage. Well done 'Client' and Senor Perez!

Like 0      
24 Oct 2010 4:31 PM by Click1958 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thanks - its taken a while but patience is a virtue and I will not give up until I find this man.

I do indeed make it absolutely clear that this is not about agents commissions etc but about a purchaser who paid over their deposit in good faith and didn't sign a contract or any agreement to buy of any sort.

I want my money back Gatehouse and I'm coming after you for it or I'll see you rot in jail with pleasure along with many thousands of people.

Gatehouse - if you are reading this at any point - I hope you live the rest of your life on the run with a sick feeling in your stomach every morning when you wake ....if you ever manage to sleep......for fear of the eventual knock on your door and the feeling of cold metal closing around your wrists.

Its just a matter of time for you now old man.......................crooked old man.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2010 10:45 AM by whistle blower Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have been contacted by people who have lost deposits with medsea and am keen on publishing a warning, would love to hear your stories.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 6:12 PM by gaula Star rating in marbella and the u.k. 64 posts Send private message

hello all ,

medsea estates operated in torrevieja for many years and i am suprised to here what has happened to them , tony gatehouse was known to me personally as a friend and he and his wife catherine where very hard working people.tony is a yorkshire man born and bred and prior to going to spain he was a barber. he must be in his late 70s now so i assume he had handed over control of the business to others .perhaps he remained on the board in name only as i find it hard to belive he robbed people

i would asume he is in  his house in almeria  which i was told he retired to a few years ago.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 1:47 PM by samcpcholding Star rating in Durham. 2 posts Send private message

samcpcholding´s avatar

** EDITED - Self promotion **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 27/06/2011.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2011 2:04 PM by lyndsey1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I was just looking through your posts and have to say its disgusting what this company has done. but on a good note i found a company that helped me retrieve my money so all is not lost. if you would like to know the company just give me a private message and i would love to help you.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 11:56 PM by lizzie1234 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am unable to send you a private message to try and get the details of who helped you to get your money back. I you coud send me a message with these details it would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

completion - 6 posts
UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK - 11 posts
atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts
TOLDO/SUN AWNING - 1 posts
TDT Transmitter Location - 3 posts
Reposessions How long does it take? - 4 posts
Question - about experiences - 0 posts
Good morning everyone! - 8 posts
Just trying out my Avatar - 3 posts
New free directory - 5 posts
transfers from alicante to guardamar - 1 posts
Kitchen 4 Sale - 2 posts
Oven, Hob & Extractor For Sale - 0 posts
Fridge Freezer 4 Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x