UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2008 12:00 AM by jasitweb Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

About to move to spain and tried to use the services of a uk mailing address company for forwarding and a permanent uk address while i'm abroad and while my uk house was let out.
my-uk-mail dot co dot uk was the cheapest so i paid £57. After filling out the forms they then sent me an e-mail saying that as i dont want my mail forwarding to my spanish address (I had chosen to send it to family in the uk instead) they felt i fell into the bracket of some form of crime. They asked for further proof of my families address and whilst this could have been provided i asked why. I was basically told that most of their clients are elderly expats and they dont ask them for further proof but they decided to ask me. I consider them too touchy and glad to have not taken things further, i cant express enough how it feels to be considered some sort of criminal just because a company makes an unfounded assumption, its horrible. I wonder what they do with peoples mail when they make other assumptions. Are there any good companies that offer this service or does it go with the territory?

Like 0      
21 May 2008 8:59 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
I'm using good old Royal Mail - it didn't even occur to me to use anyone else!  You can redirect your mail to the UK or abroad.

Like 0      
21 May 2008 9:04 PM by jasitweb Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I wanted to maintain a uk prescence and address while mine was rented out and some of these firms filter the junk and send mail after being scanned via email much easier for me in case i moved in spain it can be changed in one call.

Like 0      
23 May 2008 9:19 PM by jasitweb Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Close shave!!!

Trading Standards have upheld the complaint, and i have my money back but not from the company but from the visa card services. Its their problem now. Awful company run by a resentful old witch.

Smug closure is a wonderful thing!!R

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 1:14 AM by PS69 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Well done for getting your money back - This company has a bunch of thieves in the warehouse. I had two expensive packages go 'missing'...once I informed the Police they were suddenly 'located'/ Stay away!!!  I am in conflict with them now and will do whatever takes (at cost if necessary) to expose them for the thieves that they are.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2011 9:57 PM by grouchy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I subscribed My UK Mail last week. I was scared because of this post.

I wanted to forward a £400 item. I received the package yesterday (it took 2 days from My UK Mail depot) and everything was perfect.

Grouchy.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2011 12:45 PM by SuperStar83 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I've used this service for 2 or so years when I moved out of the UK. to be honest I've had nothing but a good service from them. I've not had too much go through them as I never used to get stuff send to my house in the UK anyway, but they're good for ordering stuff off the internet and having it send to you. I usually have stuff sent via courier rather than airmail. I find that it tends to turn up about 3 days after I get an email saying its been sent.

I havent used another service so I cant compare them, but I've had no problem with my-uk-mail

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 10:53 PM by gargar Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

They are ok, but very touch. Under no circumstance try to blame them with anything. They're not good with taking criticism.

There are probably better services out there.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 11:58 PM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I ordered off the internet and tried to get it sent to my AP address at the local correos, but they insisted on delivering it direct.   That was OK, but what's the point of having a post box?

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 9:27 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

No courier company, anywhere in the world, will deliver to a post office box. One of the reasons being that a signature is required, and no post office would be prepared to give one.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 9:43 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 72 posts Send private message

We frequently had Amazon packages delivered to our old mail box in Ulldecona. A very good service!

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 10:30 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

marlowjen, to the best of my knowledge Amazon use the postal service to deliver books. This might be because the average order will fit in an envelope. But if the supplier uses a courier company, from my experience they will not deliver to a post box. This is possibly why they insisted delivering directly to Don at a street address.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts
TOLDO/SUN AWNING - 1 posts
TDT Transmitter Location - 3 posts
Reposessions How long does it take? - 4 posts
Question - about experiences - 0 posts
Good morning everyone! - 8 posts
Just trying out my Avatar - 3 posts
New free directory - 5 posts
transfers from alicante to guardamar - 1 posts
Kitchen 4 Sale - 2 posts
Oven, Hob & Extractor For Sale - 0 posts
Fridge Freezer 4 Sale - 0 posts
Fridge Freezer 4 Sale - 0 posts
Washing Machine 4 Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x