Big Thanks to Sharon W - www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by superdon Star rating. 127 posts Send private message

I wanted to take the time to post my experiences arranging a mortgage through Sharon at  www.themortgageservicegroup.com

At the beginning, we decided we had enough knowledge and experience to be able to sort ourselves a mortage without paying a fee for a broker. We first started planning our motgage around 1 year before completion and felt we were more than prepared to get the mortgage sorted without a broker. We personally visited a number of banks and got some (what we thought) good contacts. We felt we were very prepared and knew what to ask and when.

We managed to get a number of very good deals offered to us direct from the banks in Spain for our mortgage (namely CAM and Bancaja). Everything seemed great until around 1 month before completion when they totally changed the deals they were offering. In fact, they decided they didnt even want to offer us the amount we needed at all. The cynical side of me feels they did this as they didnt think we had enough time to sort anything else out.

Through the above process, we were in contact with Sharon, following a recommendation, and she was happy to give us advice and other quotes - even though it appeared we were not going to be using her services.

So, the month before completion, having been given the terrible final offers, we contacted Sharon again and asked her if she could help us out at very short notice. She managed to get everything sorted out in time with a new bank. The deal wasnt quite as good as we originally were being offered by CAM / Bancaja - but those deals were non existent anyway!

She spent four weeks working on it for us, and were emailing/calling each other MANY (and I mean many) times a day. It seemed like we had our own personal, full time broker. Nothing was too much trouble for her.

Me and my family cannot say enough good things about her to be honest. All problems that came up, she handled very quickly. We had a last minute hiccup with bank draft charges from the bank. A couple of calls later, between Sharon, ourselves and the bank and that was sorted - saving another 500 Euro for us. If we had been dealing direct, I dont think we would have resolved that problem so easily.

So, for anyone thinking as we did that you dont need a broker, think again. When it comes down to it, having someone who deals with this sort of thing on a daily basis is invaluable. The small fee Sharon charges is more than worth it. I dont usually do this testimonial type thing, but thats because I dont think I have ever had this level of service before.

Give Sharon a shout she'll sort you out. Hope my story makes sense!

Like 0      
29 Apr 2008 3:44 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Thank you soooo much for your kind words and it was an absolute pleasure working with/for you!  Wish you all the very best and many happy holidays!!

Best Wishes,

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 9:38 PM by stainsby Star rating in Spain. 14 posts Send private message

Hi,

I will be looking for a mortgage in the future, could  you give me the contact details for Sharon. Is the company  based in Spain or the UK?

Thank you
Mandy

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:51 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar
** EDITED - Self promotion **

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 11:21 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Wonderful Sharon... Keep up the good work and contributions to EOS.
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Dec 2008 6:02 PM by lipservice Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Sorry but I cannot say the same!

Like 0      
12 Dec 2008 7:02 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

lipservice,

Are you referring to the post made by superdon in April?  Obviously I am concerned to see an 'unhappy' post,  and looking at the previous posts you have made I see you sign them as Dr J Monroe, having bought a villa on Tenerife.  I can honestly say we have never had previous dealings so I am very confused by your post!  Could you please kindly clarify? Thank you in advance,

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Like 0      
12 Dec 2008 11:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Dont get drawn in Sharon - Lipservice is just trying to flog his multicurrency mortgages - see other posts! I have a couple of clients with these yen mortgages who have had a nightmare with them, also approached by someone wanting me to promote them earlier this year, I didnt like what I saw when I looked more into them

Ok if you know what you are doing, not so ok if you just want to buy a property, pay the mortgage and live.

Have a good weekend Sharon

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 9:56 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Thanks a lot Rixxy; really appreciate your post, you have put my mind at rest.  Two words spring to mind about that post: childish and unprofessional!

You too have a great weekend,

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 8:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, he's a spammer so don't worry about it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 12:36 PM by Jewel Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi Sharon,

It seems spanish banks have belatedly decided to look at disposable income as a verifier for mortgage repayments and offers more than loan to value %.  Do you know the multiplier or how much NET income you are supposed to have left in order to afford each 10000 euros of mortgage?

Like 0      
14 Dec 2008 1:13 PM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

Hi. It depends. 

They mostly use what they call a DTIR calculation. (Debt to Income Ratio) it is set between 30% and 40% depending on which bank you are talking about.

If you have a monthly take home income of £3000, your total mortgage commitments, including the new one, should be between 30% and 40% of that. 

Using 40% as an example, they will allow you tao have £1200 in mortgage payments. If your exixting mortgage in the UK is say £700, you can then have a mortgae over here for the balance, i.e, up to £500.

It is sometimes a tad more complex than that, and often used by banks as a reason to decline a mortgage. A few weeks ago we had 4 different banks look at the same clients and all came up with a different figure. 

Hope that makes sense. If not., PM me.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 11:16 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Justin,   Thank you also for your reply!

Hi Jewel,

There has always been income multipliers, in some way, shape or form and different lenders have different formulas for calculating this.    Current guideline is between 30%-50 % of net disposable income less ALL fixed debt; mortgages (including proposed Spanish mortgage) personal and car loans plus between 3%-5% of outstanding credit card balances. There are a couple of lenders that consider your gross income;  an example of multiplier is 4.25 x joint or 5 x single. As well as this - very important - consideration, lenders are now looking at bank statements much more closely and if there are any minus balances (regardless of any overdraft facility)  or low balances they could refuse an application on this basis alone(!) even if the applicants meet the DTI ratio!   In essence applicants are being assessed not only on their affordability but also on their financial conduct as well and all lenders will require a full credit report to support the application.  

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 11:54 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

You are right about the overdrafts, Sharon.

We once had a client who was constantly £3k overdrawn but well within their £5k limit. In the UK this would be seen as being financially responsible.

Not here.

It got booted. They work their overdrafts differently in Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

old story Community debtors - 13 posts
Alcossebre, Costa Azahar - 1 posts
news letter? - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 27 posts
Speedin Fine. 'HELP' - 6 posts
Leaving the United Kingdom, tax rebate - 8 posts
Sunflower oil scare in Spain - 1 posts
Buying in Polaris World - Terrazas de la Torre - 5 posts
Have you or are you completing soon - would like to hear from you - 2 posts
Baby passport - 3 posts
What is my right - sky dish installation - 8 posts
Hand baggage rules at Gatwick Airport - 14 posts
Community Meeting - 0 posts
Do you require assistance in increasing your rental revenue?, we can help - 0 posts
Hi Everybody, hoping to move into new villa in Lorca shortly - 3 posts
Taking on Developers' Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming pool colour - 4 posts
And so the silly season begins - 4 posts
Sky Installation - Altos de Princess Kristina, Duquesa - 3 posts
Spanish Noises - 2 posts
THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN (FUETE DE PIEDRA ) - 21 posts
BANK VALUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 13 posts
Contract Quality Speciation - 7 posts
NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x