Contract Quality Speciation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hello

I wonder if you could help, we are buying a property from large builder in Murcia, before agreeing to buy this off plan property we were shown around another complex they had built in Murcia. In the show apartment it had air conditioning installed and during the visit I asked if air conditioning would be installed in the new apartments as standard, I was told that it would be.

The following day we agreed to buy one of the off plan apartments and signed the contract and were given a copy.

In the quality specifications section, which is a signed part of my Contract, it clearly states under the section Air Conditioning and Heating “ Air conditioning pre-installed” which we took to mean that air conditioning was included which was in line with the information we had been given verbally by the representative. The builders now are saying that the term Pre-installed only means that the basic pluming and electrics are provided and not the full system.

Please can you advise me if it is reasonable for us to have considered air conditioning would be provided and if we Pursue  this are we likely to succeed in having the air conditioning provided as slandered?

Many Thanks

Phil

This message was last edited by PGM on 4/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 1:55 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

My only knowledge is gleaned from hours of reading forums and studying property sites,also an inspection visit.

I can understand how you came to that conclusion but I have learned to read etween the lines and frankly I don't think you have a leg to stand on. I hope everything works out for you and that you enjoy Spain.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 3:23 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi PGM,

Unfortunately you answered your own question in your post.

You were TOLD that it would be included,(roughly translated,someone told you porkies!!!!!)

It states in the contarct pre installed,(thats what you will get and has been promised in a legal document)

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 5:50 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

PGM if you bought direct from the developer you will probably not get full air-con as promised.

If, however, you bought through an agent, they will be makeing enough commission to put in the air-con for you free of charge.

My advice is always use a good agent. Developers don´t knock anything off if you buy direct. But agents will or at least should be prepared to throw in air-con, furniture pack or other goddies as a thank you for buying through them.

If an agent doesn´t do this or at least agree to do it if you ask, then walk away and find one that does agree and make sure they smile when asked and also put it in writing.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 6:56 PM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Sorry am I missing something as I though that Pre-Installed meant Previously Installed, which is the same as:

Previously = (in the past, earlier)

Installed = (put in, set up)

Or that’s what my dictionary says

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 10:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
In Spain "pre installed", regarding your aircon, means the wiring & piping. We had "pre installed" in our villa (just wiring & piping) & bought our units. I can understand how you believed you are getting the units though if you didn't understand the terminology. There's not many souls on EOS who haven't been duped/led on by an agent or builder in some way, shape or form.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 11:59 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

PGM, if you look at resale properties, some agents will advertise them as - Fully Airconditioned or Aircon throughout .  Some may advertise as part airconditioned, this means probably master bedroom and lounge has aircon.  Then you will see Pre-instalation for aircon.  This means it is ready to install the aircon units, with power and or ducting to move cool air into the rooms from a master unit.

You can pick up cheap air-con units from Eroski 599€ per room or perhaps fit a master unit if you have ducting. A master unit could cost around 1800€.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 3:09 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I would try to have it for sure. The description is misleading and that is against Consumers Law. Have they met the contrat completely? If not, you can alternatively, ask to have the Air Conditioning units as a compensation.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts
Where do I find help to set up a business? - 25 posts
Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions! - 48 posts
Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts
El Vegetariano Restaurant Altea - 0 posts
HACIENDA SAN MANUEL - 0 posts
EOS has a car named after it! - 8 posts
Britons retiring abroad - 1 posts
Bumps in the Night. - 3 posts
Hi all Mark & Sandy Introduction - 3 posts
Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members.. - 73 posts
Happy St. George's Day - 4 posts
Hi & help needed - 7 posts
Manchester to Gib - 2 posts
Rental needed ASAP with intetrnet connection - 7 posts
Interested in an Almeria Agency - 7 posts
HELP WITH COACH TRIPS TO MURCIA PLEASE - 2 posts
VeryHelpful Web Addresses - 0 posts
Is it any wonder... - 8 posts
phase 2 - 0 posts
Advice From Estate Agents Please - 3 posts
Heard of Ready Rental Property??? - 170 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x