Speedin Fine. 'HELP'

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by swain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Can anybody help please?  I was caught speeding in Cartagena last october. I've just got the fine, having had no idea before hand that i'd even commited the offence. 'no excuse I know! But what now? I'm home in England  and I'm not back in spain until september. so can anybody tell me how do you go about paying the fine from here? I can't find a telephone number on the fine. My spanish is not great although I'm learning. Also does this mean points on my UK licence. And will it make any difference when I want to rent another car? Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks
Keith

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 9:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Keith, tut tut.

I recall reading same here, click blue link Speeding Fine where member ******* (Jane) had same thing happen. Go read through as she explains what happened.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 9:51 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Keith, I really thought my fine was a scam, as other EOS members did.  The fine arrived 3 months after the offence and I was very worried about points on my uk licence and whether I would be stopped hiring a car next visit.

I tried to find a way to pay from the UK but failed.  Had to do it when next in Spain. Post offices in Spain seem very set up to deal with these fines - just punched in details and printed receipt.  No problem hiring a car on next visit ,but it did mean having to pay the higher fine - not pleased, though thankfully NO points on UK licence.  

If you know anyone in Spain, could you send them a copy of the document and ask them to pay it for you - maybe that would save the higher fine.

Hope you manage to sort it.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 10:11 PM by swain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank  you both for  your  replies. A big relief. I've  a clean  licence  up till  now.  I can ask our key holder if she would mind doing that for us.   Much  slower  driving  for  us  from
now on!!!

Thanks again
Keith

Like 0      
28 Apr 2008 8:21 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Swain, you can also pay through Cajamurcia Bank & also another but can't remember which. Anyone can pay the fine for you (it wasn't me who was speeding but I ended up paying the fine!)  Don't think you'll qualify for a discount on the fine after all this time (30? days from memory for discount)  but as has been said, no points on your licence.

I crawl around now LOL - plus always remember to carry my driving licence which I wasn't as the time we got stopped (thankfully think the english / spanish communication broke down otherwise we might have got done for that as well!)

You are also supposed to carry 3 forms relating to the car (MOT etc) - of course we had no idea about this but a good delve into the glove compartment found them thank god!! Will make sure we always have them when picking up the hire car in future

Like 0      
28 Apr 2008 8:39 PM by swain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for that annie. I've asked our key holder if she'll pay it for me, she's ok'd that 'what a relief'.  Tell  you what  though!  you may be crawling  along, but I won't  be over taking you  any time soon lol.

Regards
Keith

Like 0      
28 Apr 2008 9:00 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

LOL Keith - thats two of us taught our lesson . We got stopped in San Javier just down the motorway from Cartagena (suspect a policeman hiding in the bushes just outside Dos Mares but never actually saw him). First we knew was being waved over by two coppers with big guns (gulp!).

Apparently, if we,d not had a spanish address we'd have been fined there & then & if we'd not had the cash than the car would have been impounded (oh joy!)

See you in the slow lane

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Leaving the United Kingdom, tax rebate - 8 posts
Sunflower oil scare in Spain - 1 posts
Buying in Polaris World - Terrazas de la Torre - 5 posts
Have you or are you completing soon - would like to hear from you - 2 posts
Baby passport - 3 posts
What is my right - sky dish installation - 8 posts
Hand baggage rules at Gatwick Airport - 14 posts
Community Meeting - 0 posts
Do you require assistance in increasing your rental revenue?, we can help - 0 posts
Hi Everybody, hoping to move into new villa in Lorca shortly - 3 posts
Taking on Developers' Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming pool colour - 4 posts
And so the silly season begins - 4 posts
Sky Installation - Altos de Princess Kristina, Duquesa - 3 posts
Spanish Noises - 2 posts
THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN (FUETE DE PIEDRA ) - 21 posts
BANK VALUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 13 posts
Contract Quality Speciation - 7 posts
NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts
Where do I find help to set up a business? - 25 posts
Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions! - 48 posts
Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x