Property to rent in Estepona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to Estepona or near by in March 26th , but need somewhere to stay for  a week or 2 while me and my partner find something for the rest of our stay.

Does anyone have anything or know anyone. Thank you !!!! I need to hurry up and get to some warm weather ITS FREZZING HERE IN LONDON !!!!!!

Lee Lee

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 7:27 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Bloody cold here too - 6 degrees this morning and looking to get colder for the weekend - actually got out my scarf this morning - what a softie! Do you want a hotel for the 2 weeks or apartment?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 8:59 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley,

I thought it would be warmer there !!!

I dont mind a hotel or appartment for the 1st week

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 9:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
lee lee don't worry.  This isn't really normal weather.  We're having a bit of a bad spell at the moment.  Saying that, March can sometimes be a bit wet...you've been warned.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 9:42 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Lee Lee,

There is a nice 1 bed apartment in Estepona that's advertised on ebay for just £155 per week at the moment! Log on to ebay and type in the following search:

Holiday in a luxury penthouse flat in sunny Spain

It looks really nice and I nearly booked it myself over Christmas! Send me a PM and I'll give you the email address of the owner..........

If you want a 4* Hotel on the beach in Marbella contact Simon at  www.hoteldiscountsmarbella.com. He's a great guy and organised our stay over Christmas/New Year for an amazing 80 euros a night including breakfast for 2 adults and a 7 yearold. Incredible deal for one of the best hotels in Marbella!!

Mike T

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 10:14 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
And how did you get to know about Simon Mike? Problem is that he doesnt have any hotels in his bag down in Estepona - they are all in and around Marbella because of the other stuff he is doing. Lee lee wants something in the middle of Estepona I think as they want to work there and they dont drive. I guess Lee Lee that if an hotel down there suits then I could have a word with Simon and see whether he can get a deal but £155 a week for luxury penthouse seems good - not that it is sunny here at the moment - torrential rain today and the worst storm for 20 years or more on Saturday night - flotsam and jetsam all over the place. Saw the top of a palm tree and snapped off in San Pedro on the way to work this morning. Hey Mike friends of ours have just paid £850 for a week B&B in the Fuerte (no kids) - didnt speak to us first - you can lead a horse to water ......

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 10:57 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I have to own up!! It was Patrick (Smiley) who put me on to Simon at HotelDiscountsMarbella.com. Having had the pleasure of meeting up with  Smiley twice over Christmas and his lovely wife Rose.I have to say publicly how grateful I am for all of his impartial advice and witty comments. ........................Thanks Pat

Mike T

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 11:03 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You are most welcome Mike - nice to meet you too. Nice also to have someone around that knows so much about the golf courses and where you can get some deals

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 11:11 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Just a little question, Do u know much about getting a shop or stall in the local markets??

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Lee Lee - to get a shop is extremely complicated and can be quite costly. There is a licensing procedure one has to follow for any business and with most things Spanish you will be on your way home (plan is to stay 3 months or so isnt it) before you have it. There are a lot of markets on the coast but wihtout transport they will be a problem for you to get to. There is a big market in Estepona on a Wednesday or Thursday and a flea market in the port on Sunday - they are quite territorial and I think there is a market supervisor you have to pay your dues to - I doubt there is any space in the one in the port on Sunday - dont know about the mid week jobbie.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 3:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Lee Lee I bumped into a friend today that has an apartment that is immediately by the entrance into Estepona Port they are looking to rent. They have bought another house in Estepona and plan on keeping the apartment for a while and would like to get a tenant in. I know very little about it other than it is two bedrooms and is just over the road from the port in El Balcone. South facing I think. They currently have it marketed through agents on a long term contract for 750€ a month which for its location I would guess is quite good. It is not in the middle of Estepona town but probably a 10 minute walk into the town itself - there are plenty of bars, restaurants, supermarkets etc around. Whether they will do short term or not I do not know but if you are looking for something for 3 or 6 months they will certainly consider that. Against a one bed for £150 per week it looks pretty good I guess but dont know your budget. It will certainly be convenient for a job in one of the bars there if they are looking for staff. Buses, taxis all convenient. If you want a contact number let me know. They will be back in England from Friday this week so you can talk to one another and discuss and ask any other q's you might have.

Rgds

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:11 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley, Thats sounds great and within our budget , it would be good to see photos and get some more info.

I would like to contact them if possible

Thanks Leanne

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:23 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HI Leanne I have no pix and it was quite by chance that we met this morning and they mentioned the apartment. I will phone and ask them if they have any and if not hopefully they have a digi camera and can take some before they go back to the UK. I think it is sparsely furnished as they have bought the other house but they might be prepared to put some new in for a long term tenant or medium term? Best is to hack it out whith them but will find out if they have any piccies.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:25 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks Smiley : )

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Leanne she returns to work on Friday and she has some pix on her work machine - checked on the furniture and she tells me it is well equipped (bit like me) - they have not stripped it bare but merely taken a few bits to their new place. If you want to PM me your e mail address or send it to the one in my signature I will pass it on to her then you deal direct. She is a lovely lady and I think quite high standards so my guess would be that it is nicely furnished inside as they were using it as their own holiday home. Before any of the cynics get on my case I am not making a commission just trying to help two sets  of people achieve what they want - hence putting you in direct contact - mind you that probably wont satisfy everyone

RGds

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:50 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley,

Could you pass on my Email leannerogers@msn.com

Thanks for all your help

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:56 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 6:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Lovely ankles - not sure how to take that - is that what they call cybersex? I am never satisfied - ask Rose!

Leanne will pass the parcel - my friends name is Patricia - she is a diamond

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Building permit - 24 posts
Los Granados del Mar - 1 posts
TONIGHT .. C4 A PLACE IN THE SUN, HOME OR AWAY ..LONDON / MARBELLA - 3 posts
Kristina Szekely involved in the Malaya case? - 12 posts
I.V.F. and completion - 5 posts
air conditioning - 3 posts
Healthcare in the UK - 37 posts
Individual Room Sizes - 13 posts
Spanish wills link - 0 posts
furniture for new home - 0 posts
Superbowl - 1 posts
importing furniture from USA - 1 posts
entregolf - 18 posts
Changing Law Firm After Inital 3000e deposit is paid - Difficult? - 2 posts
Solicitors Costs - 5 posts
Hire cars in Spain - saving money - 1 posts
Want to move to Spain - 9 posts
SAY "NO" to 0870 - 1 posts
Is CGT in addition to normal income Tax? - 1 posts
Healthcare Costa del Sol - 9 posts
Bias voting with proxy votes - 16 posts
HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT - 617 posts
Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x