Kim & Tim

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by wayza Star rating in wakefield & Rojales. 12 posts Send private message

wayza´s avatar
Hi we have bought a property in Rojales and would like to be intouch with people who may live out there or have a holiday home like ourselves. we would be grateful for any good restaurant guides and for any nice places to see and look forward to making lots of new friends and keeping intouch.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 1:36 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Kim & Tim

Welcome to the Forum. We've got a place in Formentera del Segura which is 5 minutes' walk from you. We hope to be moving there in the very near future.

On your doorstep are the Cave Houses and the Shell House. Do a search for Cave houses in Rojales and you'll see some pictures.

It very much depends what type of food you like, but there's a good selection within walking distance. There's a really nice tapas bar in the centre of Rojales. I can't remember the name but it's quite near the hardware shop. Then you have a variety of restaurants in Benimar and in Benijofar there's a new one called El Gusto which we'll be trying out in April when we're over and Sonias Tapas Bar (go past the fountains in Benijofar and it's up on the right. Formentera has four or five good eateries. There's Manos bar just as you get into Formentera from Rojales. It's on the right where there is new building going on. Next to Manos is Timanfaya. Both do nice food. There's the Liffey Bar next to that. I have to say I haven't eaten in there because I prefer Spanish! In Formentera itself there are four or five other eateries so you'll just have to have a walk around.

Rojales market is lovely for fresh meat, fish and veg but you need to get there early every day.

Its a nice walk from the water mill in Rojales along the river to Formentera. In the better weather there are lots of flowers to enjoy.

Guardamar is the nearest seaside resort and is absolutely lovely. They have an amazing festival there in August each year. Badminton every morning in the sports centre if you're interested.

Torrevieja is often slated as very English, but sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. It has a lovely beach and promenade and an abundance of good restaurants and is great for shopping. I think their market day is Friday and it is HUGE - takes up about four streets so driving in and parking can be a challenge!

Elche is a must to visit. Lovely botanical gardens and the walkway by the river is lit up at night. If you like people watching, go on a Saturday and watch the weddings in one of the many restaurants by the side of the church.

Almoradi has a very interesting town square with doughnut trees. The trees are SHAPED like doughnuts; they don't actually grow on trees! Their market day is Saturday and again huge. It's lovely to sit in the town square and have a coffee and watch all the comings and goings.

Alicante - well worth several visits. The old town is lovely. The castle is amazing and free entry. The walk down from the castle takes you through lovely terraced gardens. You can go up but it's a hell of a climb. Normally there's a lift but there's also a bus from the centre of town. Lovely beach, great eateries.

Further afield - Guadalest is worth a trip.

I could go on but I had better go and do some work!

Irene

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 6:24 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

That's quite a comprehensive list from Irene, but she missed The Banana Tree in Quesada (which I think is near you). It is Thai, fantastic food, brilliant service and CHEAP!!. A meal for 6 adults cost us 90 euros including drinks and we couldn't eat it all.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 10:29 PM by wayza Star rating in wakefield & Rojales. 12 posts Send private message

wayza´s avatar

Thanks for the guides I'm sure when we are out in May we will be doing a lot more walking, Ive heard there are some nightclubs and bars for the younger ones in Rojales if this is true and don't take this the wrong way but is it safe for my 19 year old daughter to go to them with her friends or is it mainly Spanish boys and girls that go there? I would like to think that when she does come over with us in August that she will have something to enjoy on an evening rather than being stuck with her parent's also have a 23yr old son.

We are glad there is tapas in Rojales it is a favourite of ours so we will be visiting that establishment and we are lovers of paella so a good recommendation for somewhere that does them would be most appreciated.

We have also heard that there is a fiesta in May and June could you please tell us when if possible.

kind regards

Kim & Tim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

short term let - 1 posts
ready to complete but exchange rate so bad!! - 28 posts
Dona Julia El Patio Completion Date - 0 posts
Mr Micky - 2 posts
If you need an independent Spanish Lawyer go to Maria de Castro and her excellent team - 21 posts
Passing the buck on Consumer Rights? - 6 posts
Student111?????????? - 9 posts
European Health & Safety Regulations for Swimming Pools - 4 posts
Spanish Translator needed - can anyone help ??? - 1 posts
Secondary Water - 10 posts
Natasha - 1 posts
CAR RENTAL - 1 posts
Buying Tax Free - 1 posts
HELP..... Spanish Translator Needed - 7 posts
Site Visit to Manilva Beach 26th May 2007 - 1 posts
Newcomer ! - 5 posts
Easter Opening Hours in Spain - 12 posts
LoFO - Application For vs Granted - 4 posts
Complaints - 2 posts
Breach of contract? - 45 posts
How can they do this....... - 31 posts
Hiya all, newbie here after any advice on livng and working in Spain please. - 3 posts
Hiya all, newbie here hungry for any advice regarding 'living and working in Spain'! - 1 posts
St Patricks Day - 13 posts
trampoline - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x