driving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by mug Star rating. 108 posts Send private message

mug´s avatar

hi all mug here just wondering if anyone out there has any idea as to the cost of driveing to murcia from england deisel tolls etc is it cheaper to go to france or bilbao you all know the form ive tried ryanair but they wouldnt let me take my landrover as hand luggage im really disapointed they normaly just charge more but seriously it would be a big help mug

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:40 PM by doughnut Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Mug,

We have been looking into this very recently as we will be moving to the Murcia area in July.  The total cost we have come up with including 4 days self drive van hire, tolls, diesel, two overnight stops in motels and Eurotunnel we have estimated about £1200.00

We have allowed about £400.00 worth of fuel for a long wheel base sprinter van.  We have found a van hire company based in Salisbury which do one way hire, from UK to Spain (Murcia area) or Spain to UK.    If you are driving your own vehicle you can knock off about £500.00 from the £1200.00 and obviously fuel costs may vary. 

The best route we have been advised is Poole to Santander on an overnight ferry crossing and then about a 10 hour drive.  (We are not doing it this way cos my Mrs gets ferry sick.....arrggghhh!!).

We think overall the total costing more or less balances itself out.

If you need any more info, you can send me a PM.

D.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mug, this is the introduce yourself board for new members.  

Plenty to read in here .. click blue links & wade through threads in each, remembering to click on next at the bottom as there's lots more.

PS : Did you get your plasterboards BTW ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 11:31 AM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
Hi Doughnut,

I've sent you a PM but just in case you haven't seen it could you please PM the van hire place in Salisbury as I would be interested in hiring a van one-way.

Does anyone else know of a van hire firm for England to Southern Spain that they wouid recommend preferably but not essentially for one-way hire.

Thanks
Chris

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

easter - where to go - 3 posts
Cycling in Spain - 3 posts
Spanish Bars & Spanish restaurants in Orhiuela Costa - 6 posts
Dangerous dogs - 14 posts
medina elvira granada - 2 posts
What is E111 - 3 posts
Destitute and facing eviction - 85 year old mother and son from San Isidro on CB - 0 posts
Demolitions near La Marina Village on the Costa Blanca NOW ! - 0 posts
Getting my cat to Spain - 13 posts
Another bit of daftness from Sunny Spain - 39 posts
Hola Life Snagging Surveys - 1 posts
cleaner - 0 posts
The UK lose battle to withhold benefits............ - 17 posts
Pet Insurance - 5 posts
Pool Covers - 4 posts
Hi - 0 posts
What is the best way to pay a small amount of Euros? - 8 posts
Where are you from!!! - 7 posts
Terque Web Site - 1 posts
Flights From Glasgow to Malaga or Gibraltar - 11 posts
Sun Loungers - 13 posts
Cash and Carry warehouse - 2 posts
Pensions info from Euro Weekly News February 28, 2008 - 0 posts
European Union allows sadistic torturing of animals because it's tradition - 2 posts
Signing on the Padron - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x