Search Facility

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Justin

I think one of the things that may niggle members is the search facility on EoS.  Problem is, it's not that great really!!!

I just tried to search something about a subject on one of the development forums (a thread that I knew had been started about a particular subject) but was totally stymied!!  There is, in fact, no search facility in individual development forums that I could see!!  And please don't tell me it's down to my using a Mac!!

There is no facility to really "define" your search, or even just limit your search to one particular development or thread, etc.!  (And some threads are actually quite extensive, let alone subjects covered in particular development forums!)

Maybe if the search facility were more defined, then people wouldn't have to start new threads all the time, thereby limiting the amount of data that the search facility has to plough through!!

I realise it's not functionally "a doddle" to implement this facility, but long term it has to be beneficial - people will add to existing threads rather than start new ones and members would then only have to search existing threads/developments, etc. (thus alleviating other members' frustrations!!).

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 6:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I started a search thread a couple of days ago saying much the same thing & today it's gone ! members got email notification that others had posted in it but it's not here.

Where is it, we'd all like to know.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 6:49 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Actually, I believe your thread, More, was commenting/complaining about members not searching the website.  I've just attempted to point out that the search facility isn't that functional - so that's probably why members start new threads, because they can't actually find what they are looking for.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 7:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Actually I was commenting, same as you, that it was likely why members started new threads but maybe not the whole truth & it needed attention.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/26/2008.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 12:23 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jan, you know that when you complain I take action!  I'm on it....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 6:32 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Ok, me again!!

Now, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I think the Forum Help thread should be entitled Forum Technical Issues!!  Or something along the same lines!!

There are obviously many members who do not realise this thread is for questions/issues regarding the forum format, technical/functional issues, etc., and they must be missing alot of other already published info on the website because either they don't search or the search facility doesn't return anything that relates to their query!  Or, obviously, because they don't post under the correct thread!!  Or post their new thread under the correct subject!

So, maybe the thread should be renamed and/or members should be directed to the search facility before starting a new thread (maybe a button directing them there, on the new thread page?) and, ultimately, the search facility should be improved!!

I know, I know, I'm off again, but, well, .....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice please - 3 posts
Long term Rental - Alpujarras - 0 posts
Fishing Tackle Shop - 2 posts
Reported to Social Security - 5 posts
first occupational licence / who is in - 1 posts
als pal - 0 posts
va va voom - 1 posts
CAR BOOT SALES - 2 posts
Account Opening Fees - 3 posts
Certificate of Habitation (or lack of) Block 7, square 3. - 1 posts
Consumer rights regarding faulty merchandise - 1 posts
Juande Ramos : A Spanish Legend and a Developer who Delivers.... - 12 posts
The Blue Palm, Marbella - 19 posts
SIX NATIONS - 18 posts
driving lesson - 6 posts
Pet Friendly Hotels - 3 posts
Furntire shops in Mojacar/Vera Playa area - 4 posts
DISNEY IN SPAIN - 12 posts
Residencia - 38 posts
New to the site and On the Move - 3 posts
Our little corner in the sun - 4 posts
insurance for contents/property - 3 posts
Personalised Holiday home website for sale - 0 posts
Our Spanish neighbours - 0 posts
Obtaining Refunds - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x