Our little corner in the sun

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by AJ.Huggybear Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,  We have just sold up in Cape Town South Africa and will arrive in Malaga at the end of April to live permanently.
We are keen on the Sensara Retirement complex in Benalmedena, but would like to hear opinions of other folks living there, or where to find more pics/info other than the official website which doesnt show the inside of the apartments.The thought of an Old Age Retirement complex is a bit scary, we are active and a young  60 ,dont know if we will wind up amongst really old people...
Guess to make use of all the facilities on offer would be at extra cost?
Looking forward to your comments.

Carolyn and AJ Blignaut

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 11:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EOS has a development forum running, you may want to register (free) & join in the posts. Click blue link Sensara

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 4:56 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Have you not thought that you are a bit 'young' for a 'retirement complex'!!!

There are other Resorts which have all facilities on your door step where there are many who live there circa 60 and above These are safe and secure with gyms, tennis pools most of which is free but you have to pay for the golf and on site facilities for looking after your property 

You should have a look at Polaris World Resorts and as they are in Murcia the prices are much cheaper than in Costa del Sol 

** EDITED ** Advertising

From my profile on www.myspace.com/brianrowlands you will see that although probably older than you ,I will be spending in due course a lot of time living in Spain, besides work playing golf, bridge and walking Living in a small hamlet just outside Huercal Overa, about 60 plots and close to all facilities

There are many like us who feel active and secure enough to enjoy a good life in Spain in a small residential location rather than a retirement complex 

Worth thinking about!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 10:15 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Wow I've just looked at the website and the facilities do look quite impressive.

We were searching for a property in Benalmadena over 5 years ago, I was worried about "Heartbreak Hill" and how I'd cope when I became less mobile.  Fate took the decision out of our hands as prices were rising rapidly and we refused to over stretch ourselves.

A couple of things I'd be concerned about, how will you get around if you were unable to drive, any local transport around or will you be relying on Taxi's (I know it's a few years off) and what are the service/maintenance costs going to be (someone's got to pay for all these facilities).  Also measurements given for the apartments look small but maybe they have big balconies.

Hopefully you'll find someone who is buying and can provide further information.

Usual advice, make sure it's somewhere you can see yourself staying for many years if not look elsewhere.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 12:12 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hello

My wife and j still live in cape town.We have bought in Mijas Pueblo to come and retire in the next 3 years.In Mijas you can walk everywere and the public transport is very good.Hope to meet you one day.Regards Bernard

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

insurance for contents/property - 3 posts
Personalised Holiday home website for sale - 0 posts
Our Spanish neighbours - 0 posts
Obtaining Refunds - 0 posts
Help needed regarding renting - 11 posts
Should we sell? - 1 posts
Counting the Costa Renting - 4 posts
Dial Up - Best Provider - 5 posts
Switching Mortgage from Spain to UK - 4 posts
newcomers - 1 posts
Where is best place to get kitchen appliances ? - 2 posts
BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS - 20 posts
BMIBABY Free Flights - 2 posts
4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNOW YOUR MOBILE COULD DO! - 6 posts
Roda Golf - 12 posts
Update - 0 posts
What has happened to EOS? - 23 posts
Radio 4 - 1 posts
Exchanging properties? - 1 posts
New development. What do people usually do for digital TV - 14 posts
Public Transport - 3 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 6 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 3 posts
rf1798+ rf 1965 - 0 posts
Join in the celebrations for More's 3,000th post party. - 61 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x