Landlords Rights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Can anybody help me with the law ( written or Unwritten)!!..regarding occupants on a short term lease and there rights........I have a contract signed for no longer than 11 Months, and have had no problems what-so-ever..........just a bit worried about the Good old EXPAT Rumour Mill...........when it comes to asking them to vacate..ta Tony

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 2:53 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Can you please explicit what your problem is? Did you sign a season rental contract?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 10:29 AM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

I do not have a problem as such, its just my agent who is looking after the Villa,,keeps saying once a tenant is in the property it can be hard to give them notice..... if they choose to not pay the rent??..and it would take me months to go to Court to get a eviction order.  I do have a 11 month signed contract and all utility bills are still in my name.

Many thanks Tony

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 1:35 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
I always recommend to people to submitt the rental contracts to arbitration better than Courts, as Courts are extremely slow and uneffective for these purposes,  but in your case is late now unless you can get an addendum to the contract signed by both the tenant and you. It is actually convinient for the both of you ( if he gets to have a problem against you) and therefore it may be easy to agree on that now.

Regarding notification of eviction, yes, you would need a good lawyer to conduct an eviction procedure if you have problems and you have an unruly, tricky tenant...but that is not in every case !

Best weekend,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rent required-7 months - 1 posts
Happy Valentines!! - 15 posts
TAKING YOUR CAR TO SPAIN - 3 posts
NEXT delivers to Spain for 15€ ! - 13 posts
What happens when it all goes wrong? - 11 posts
Hi I am new in here - 12 posts
RyanAir to close website for 3 days next week - 3 posts
Underground Bins & current bins - 5 posts
House up for sale - now the fun begins! - 28 posts
Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x