TAKING YOUR CAR TO SPAIN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by MEREHEAD Star rating in North Wales. 15 posts Send private message

MEREHEAD´s avatar

With the will of God Im hoping to drive my car to Spain next month ,she is a W reg Freelander and I realise she may not be coming back to the UK with me.

I have already found out that I will have to get an insurance company that will cover me out there ,any suggestions?

Also,I am told I will have to re-register her at some time,can anyone offer any advice on this ,how to go about it,when,where cost etc.?

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 12:30 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The green card you have with your current insurance company will cover for while in Spain, but you'll need to check with them exactly how long you are covered.

You are supposed to register the car after 6 months (I think) but we see hundreds of UK reg cars around and they've been here for years (not that we condone this practice!).

I notice from your signature your comment about TVs.  Your UK TV will work if you connect it through a Spanish video player.  It's the sounds that is the problem but the video player solves it.  If you are connecting up to SKY then your UK TV will be fine.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 10:33 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Merehead,

If you are going to re register your car on Spanish plates do it within 60 days of getting your padron,it used to be 30 but they have extended it.

If you dont you will have to pay import tax!! this used to be based on 12% of the value of the car,they have changed it slightly now as it now works on co2 ommisions instead.

Justin is right you can keep your car on Uk plates for six months but you will get stung for the tax if you wait.

I use Linea Directa(direct line) and when i first came here insured a RHD landrover with them,if you have been insured with direct line in the UK they just swap your policy straight over no hassle at all.

I have had to use their services in the past and they paid out no problem.

Regards

Georgia

This message was last edited by georgia on 2/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 11:06 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Merehead - where are you moving to?

On another forum people who have moved out to Oreheula Costa are having trouble gettin on the Padron.  The ayunmiento there will not register anyone until they have Residencia and without a Padron they cannot apply for Residencia

The joys of attempting to live in Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEXT delivers to Spain for 15€ ! - 13 posts
What happens when it all goes wrong? - 11 posts
Hi I am new in here - 12 posts
RyanAir to close website for 3 days next week - 3 posts
Underground Bins & current bins - 5 posts
House up for sale - now the fun begins! - 28 posts
Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts
Communities working together??? - 1 posts
Help wanted with Wifi - 4 posts
Netball - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x