House up for sale - now the fun begins!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Hello all!

House up for sale now, please wish me luck. This has to be one of the most stressful parts, keeping the house looking neat, clean and tidy ALL the time !!!!

Seems like the market has picked up here a bit as houses have started selling again.

Thanks to Georgia with his nifty negotiating,we have paid our deposit on the Spanish property so hopefully won't have too long a wait until it is ready!   MargaretXX

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 12:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Margaret  for a swift & uncomplicated sale & completion of your Spanish home.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 3:21 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
It's all go then Maragaret!  Best of luck with it all.

When you say "market has picked up here a bit as houses have started selling again" do you mean houses specifically or apartments? 

In our area it seems that houses are selling better than apartments and mainly to the Spanish themselves.

Anyway, best of luck with your sale and completion.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 3:32 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
Guys thanks for your good wishes! Justin I meant my U.K. home....it's been quiet on the housing market from Sep last year until a couple weeks ago (thank goodness)

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 3:52 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Nice to see a ositive postre the UK market.Good luck with your sale.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 4:36 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Margaret,

You can't beat a bit of "nifty negotiating" i love seeing the builders squirm.......................

Good luck with the sale your end,fingers crossed.

Georgia

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:06 PM by eros Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you to everyone who writes in this forum lots of my doubts are being solved!!!

Thank you!!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Oops...

Note to self....engage brain!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:37 PM by crooksy Star rating in Suffolk. 18 posts Send private message

Hi troythecat

We have just been throught the house tidying fiasco! not easy with kids and an extremely untidy husband!!!

We have just sold our house in the uk and are now in a chain, this is also frustrating but a masssive relief to know it is sold - I would love to go and put a deposit the property we love but am paranoid that our sale will take longer than the amount of time the deposit will hold the house, yes i am a chicken!!!

The market has definately picked up here in suffolk so hopefully it will be the same for you and you will have a quick sale to spend maximum time in spain!

Good luck

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 7:05 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Hi Crooksy I hope your house sale goes smoothly and you manage to secure the property you want! We don't have the chain system in Scotland which is good as it's a much easier system. Re untidy Husband, well I am with you there along with a 20 year old and a 7 year old too. I am cracking up every time they leave something lying at their backsides and we aren't even getting the for sale sign up till tomorrow morning!

Be so glad when it's all over!  Good luck

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 11:19 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Troythecat and crooksy - best of luck over the next few weeks! 

I have just sold my house in Glasgow and it took exactly three weeks - even that was stressful as my 19yr old daughter is still not fully house-trained!  The market here seems to be fine so I hope your areas are the same. 

I bought in Spain just over a year ago so all I need to do now is sell off a lifetime of bits and bobs, put in my notice and book the flight.  The enormity of it all is beginning to sink in but what the hell - nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 7:41 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Hi Claire, I like your style!  I have been selling on e-bay and am having a MASSIVE boot sale at the fruitmarket in Glasgow hopefully Sunday weather permitting! Have done it before with a friend and my that is an experience

Best Wishes MargaretX

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 8:43 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Margaret - that's the boot sale I will be going to as well.   I've sold quite a lot of books on Amazon which is so easy.  I'm not really ready yet for the boot sale so I don't think I'll manage this weekend - I am still sorting through all my photos - I do hope someone needs a job lot of photo albums!

Send me a PM and I'll try to come along and say hello - and pick up all your tips too!

Fingers crossed the rain stays away for you.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:06 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

4 weeks to go, house now sold, boxes for moving delivered, e-bay sale items posted, car boot stuff sorted, dogs passports done, ferry booked (one-way, yippee), removal company arranged, letters done to utilities etc, place to live sorted, leaving party arranged,...........

Brain now over loaded with what to do and I feel I have forgotten something very basic, just don't know what. I sit here going over list after list with ticks everywhere, so any suggestions what may still need my attention? 

What was the thing you forgot to do before you finally locked the front door on your old life for the last time?

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sounds like you're really organised anyway!

I know I always mention it but our biggest failing was not checking with any certainty whether the place we were renting in Spain had the facility for a landline and Internet.  For us it was so severe that we nearly gave up on Eye on Spain!  We were ever so close as it was impossible to run the website from an Internet cafe.

Anyway, sounds like you guys have got most things sorted.  You must be getting very excited now....

Justin

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jacqui, hope Brandy's ok with the rabies thing. You git his previous result on my birthday, I noticed.

You have created such a funny website for them both. They are very photogenic pups.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:38 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Very excited, slightly panicky and desperately not looking forward to saying some goodbye's - I had tears in my eyes just buying the cards.

The landline is being sorted in the rental villa but I do think I will be looking for an internet cafe initially to keep my blogs running, I think so many of my family and friends will be wondering how we get on in the early days, the easiest way will be to update the blogs frequently. I've spent so much time using the 'net for research I think I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms when I finally pack the laptop away for transporting.

I'm looking forward to exploring the area, making new friends and playing golf on our new course we've joined, but never played - and walking along the sea front with the dogs, ca't wait.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:47 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jacqui - isn't it a great feeling - being on the brink of a new life?  I leave 2 weeks tomorrow and am feeling the same as you - what have I forgotten???  My small amount of household goods went off this morning and it suddenly seems that it is actually going to happen - after all these years of planning!

I have ordered my phone and internet but the first time round telefonica couldn't find the house!  Am keeping my fingers crossed that they'll work it out before I get there. 

Now I just need to get through the three leaving parties that are organised!

Hope it goes well for you.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:58 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

It's a fantastic feeling, if a bit scarey but we cannot wait.

Claire, I hope you new life is everything you hope and it all goes smoothly.

More, Brandy has had his second rabies shot and gets another blood test at the end of the month, the vet says they have never had a failure after a 2nd injection so fingers crossed. It doesn't stop us taking him with us,(although I am checking with the ferry company) just affects when we could bring them back if we needed to. I'm so pleased you are enjoying their blog, they certainly are the cutest pups and I have hundreds of photos of them. They love the heat so I'm sure they are going to love Spain.

Jacqui

Like 0      
08 May 2008 10:27 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Wow, it's really happening. The removal van has been and gone with our stuff on it, the house looks very empty now. Our buyers are coming on Saturday so we can show them how everything works and we lock the door for the final time next Tuesday! I cannot believe how stressful the packing has been, what to take, what not to take (and how much we have ended up taking) - me and hubby generally get on very well but this week has seem some tense moments. However, as we waved goodbye to the van with our home on it there was a sense of, well, nothing more we can do, if it's not on the van, it's not going. Our stuff will be in Spain before we are.

Got a few days now to clean the house and fill the skip with what's left and that's it, we will be on our way. I now believe we are really doing this and suddenly it's scarey! The true scale of what we are doing is just beginning to register, I suppose it's last minute nerves as with any big change in lifestyle, and I'm sure once we are on our way, everything will be fine - it;s the waiting about now that will be difficult.

Next stop - Spain!

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Jacqui

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts
Communities working together??? - 1 posts
Help wanted with Wifi - 4 posts
Netball - 10 posts
RECLAIMING IVA (VAT) BY SETTING UP SPANISH COMPANY? - 2 posts
Info needed for new magazine - 1 posts
Quantum Villas - Anyone heard of them ? - 47 posts
Irwin Mitchell Land Grab action - 0 posts
Quick question before flying - 11 posts
New CGT Rules - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x