Buildings Insurance Company registered in Spain required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi, we're about to purchase our house in Spain and have been advised that we must have buildings insurance in place before completion.   Banco Santander are expensive Ive been told (they are our mortgage lender) so wondered if anyone can recommend a good insurance company that are registered in Spain (one of the conditions for completion).  Would be good to hear from anyone.  Many thanks

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 5:36 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi there - form experience you would be advised to take their for the first year and then move. The reason being is at notary there can be delays if the insurance you take isnt quite enough or isnt in the correct format.

If you do find another company well in time rior to completion ensure the bank you are lending from approve the new policy otherwise you will have problems completing!

I know this from experience!! Good lcuk

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 5:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Look in here Insuring your property Lots of info. Might help. Where is your property ?

We're using http://www.easycover.net/ & have also used http://www.saltsbay.com/

Both are in Torrevieja, SPAIN  but I don't know if they are registered IN SPAIN. Ask each !

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 10:24 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the responses Rixxy and morerosado.  Ive contacted a couple of the companies on EOS and am awaiting their response.   I will keep in mind about taking the banks insurance for the first year, as you say it may be a good idea and will help to keep the ball rolling!  

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property again - Guardian 6/2/08 - 10 posts
First Time member - 2 posts
Good Agent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Long let wanted in Costa del Sol, nice location. - 1 posts
Changing lawyer - 5 posts
Scrapped Spanish Vehicles - 1 posts
Air Port Car Hire - 76 posts
Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x